Quinnipiac vs Fairfield Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 3 (Bobcats Pounce on Lethargic Stags Attack)
Quinnipiac vs Fairfield Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Quinnipiac (16-6, 7-4 MAAC) vs. Fairfield (10-11, 6-5 MAAC)
- Date: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: People's United Center -- Hamden, Connecticut
Friday, Feb. 3's NCAA college basketball schedule features some MAAC action as the Quinnipiac Bobcats are set to go head-to-head with the Fairfield Stags.
Quinnipiac has been stacking up the wins lately, winning for the seventh time in its last eight games with Tuesday's 72-66 victory over Marist. The Bobcats aren't the only ones with momentum, though. Fairfield was on a four-game winning streak before losing 78-69 to Rider in overtime last weekend, leaving time to tell how the Stags respond.
Can Quinnipiac inch up the MAAC standings with another victory? Or will Fairfield get back to the .500 mark with a road upset?
Quinnipiac vs Fairfield Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: QUINN: (-215) | FAIR: (+176)
- Spread: QUINN: -4.5 (-114) | FAIR: +4.5 (-106)
- Total: 133.5 -- Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Quinnipiac enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 133.5 points with the over being favored at -118 odds.
Quinnipiac vs Fairfield Betting Trends
- Quinnipiac has beaten the spread 12 times in 21 games.
- The Bobcats have an ATS record of 3-7 as 5.5-point favorites or more.
- There have been 10 Quinnipiac's games (out of 21) that hit the over this year.
- Against the spread, Fairfield is 12-8-0 this season.
- The Stags' ATS record as 5.5-point underdogs or more is 4-0.
- There have been eight Fairfield games (out of 20) that went over the total this year.
|Quinnipiac Rank||Quinnipiac AVG||Fairfield AVG||Fairfield Rank|
Quinnipiac vs Fairfield Prediction & Pick
Both MAAC programs have respectable defenses, but Quinnipiac's offense gives it the advantage here. The Bobcats average 72.1 PPG (No. 130) this season while the Stags own the 40th-worst scoring offense in the country, only averaging 63.8 PPG. Quinnipiac also has the advantage in ball movement, putting up 13.1 assists per game (T-No. 145) compared to Fairfield's 9.2 (fourth-fewest).
Quinnipiac also has the advantage of playing at People's United Center, where it owns a 7-2 record with a plus-6.5 scoring margin. Meanwhile, Fairfield has a losing away record (3-6) and loses by an average of 2.9 points on the road.
Lastly, it's worth noting that Quinnipiac has won six of its last seven games against Fairfield. With the Bobcats also winning four of their last five MAAC matchups, it's clear that this is Quinnipiac's game to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Quinnipiac: 76 | Fairfield: 68
Quinnipiac vs Fairfield Best Bet
Quinnipiac hasn't been great against the spread at home this season, but that should change against Fairfield. After all, the Bobcats have covered the spread in five of their last six games against the Stags, winning by at least six points in four of those contests.
Fairfield likely won't be able to keep up with Quinnipiac's offense tonight, leading to the Bobcats covering as -4.5 favorites.
Bet: Quinnipiac -4.5 (-114)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.