Purdue vs Rutgers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 Big Ten Tournament (Defenses Shine in Low-Scoring Duel)
Purdue vs Rutgers Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big Ten Tournament Game
- No. 5 Purdue (26-5, 15-5 Big Ten) vs. Rutgers (19-13, 10-10 Big Ten)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 12:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- Coverage: BTN
The quarterfinal round of the Big Ten Conference Tournament kicks off on Friday with a matchup between the No. 1 seed Purdue and the No. 9 seed Rutgers. Rutgers is coming off a 62-50 win over Michigan on Thursday, while this will be Purdue's first game of the tournament after earning byes to this point.
Will the Scarlet Knights be able to upset the Boilermakers? Or will Purdue end Rutgers' run and advance to the semifinals?
Purdue vs Rutgers Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PURDUE: (-255) | RUTGER: (+205)
- Spread: PURDUE: -5.5 (-115) | RUTGER: +5.5 (-105)
- Total: 127.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
As expected, Purdue enters this game as a solid favorite on both the spread and moneyline against Rutgers at FanDuel Sportsbook. This matinee game also has a low projected total of 127.5 points with the Over slightly favored.
Purdue vs Rutgers Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Purdue is 13-18-0 this season.
- As 5.5-point favorites or more, the Boilermakers are 8-14 against the spread.
- Purdue has played 31 games this year, and 13 of them have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, Rutgers is 18-14-0 this season.
- As a 5.5-point underdog or more, the Scarlet Knights have two wins ATS (2-1).
- Rutgers has played 32 games this year, and 12 of them have gone over the total.
|Purdue Rank||Purdue AVG||Rutgers AVG||Rutgers Rank|
Purdue vs Rutgers Prediction & Pick
Rutgers' win over Michigan on Thursday was a classic Scarlet Knights victory as their defense clamped down and their offense scored enough to win.
Friday's matchup will be tougher, however, as Purdue features an elite defense as well. The Boilermakers allow just 62.5 points per game (21st in NCAA), while Rutgers is a touch better at 60.4 PPG allowed (seventh).
Unfortunately for Rutgers, Purdue has a more definitive advantage on offense. The Boilermakers average a solid 73.2 points per game, which is above average for the NCAA and ranks 142nd. The Scarlet Knights are below average at 68.2 points per game, however, ranking 274th.
That edge should be enough for a well-rested Purdue squad to prevail in what will be a hard-fought, low-scoring affair.
Final Score Prediction: Purdue: 65 | Rutgers: 60
Purdue vs Rutgers Best Bet
With two of the top defenses in the country squaring off, this game has the under written all over it. Purdue hasn't played since Sunday, so its offense may be out of rhythm. Rutgers may be somewhat fatigued after playing yesterday.
Both teams will need to slow the game down as they look for ways to penetrate each other's defense, resulting in lots of passing and dribbling but not much shooting. Each side may struggle to reach 60 points, making the Under the play here.
Bet: UNDER 127.5 Total Points (-105)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.