Providence vs Georgetown Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 26 (Trust the Friars in the First Half)
Providence vs Georgetown Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 20 Providence (20-8, 12-5 Big East) vs. Georgetown (7-22, 2-16 Big East)
- Date: Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Time: 12:30 PM ET
- Venue: Capital One Arena -- Washington D.C.
- Coverage: FOX
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Sunday with an exciting matchup between the No. 20 Providence Friars and Georgetown Hoyas. Providence is coming off a brutal 87-69 loss to UConn on Wednesday. Bryce Hopkins scored 16 points, but the Friars allowed 15 offensive rebounds.
Meanwhile, Georgetown couldn't keep up in a 79-70 loss to St. John's on Wednesday, which was the Hoyas' seventh loss in their last eight games. Brandon Murray scored a team-high 25 points and tallied 5 rebounds as well. Which Big East team will get back in the win column on Sunday afternoon?
Providence vs Georgetown Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PROV: (-285) | GTOWN: (+230)
- Spread: PROV: -7.5 (-102) | GTOWN: +7.5 (-120)
- Total: 148.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Providence enters this contest as a clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 148.5 points, which is about average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Providence vs Georgetown Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Providence is 18-10-0 this season.
- Against the spread as 8.5-point favorites or more, the Friars are 6-4.
- Out of 28 Providence's games so far this year, 15 have gone over the total.
- Georgetown has beaten the spread 14 times in 29 games.
- The Hoyas have an ATS record of 9-5 as 8.5-point underdogs or more.
- This season, 16 of Georgetown's 29 games have hit the over.
|Providence Rank||Providence AVG||Georgetown AVG||Georgetown Rank|
Providence vs Georgetown Prediction & Pick
This lines up as a perfect opportunity for Providence to bounce back with a comfortable conference victory. The Hoyas have been terrible on both ends of the court as they have posted a shooting percentage of 43.1% (No. 247 in NCAA) and are giving up 77.0 points per game (T-No. 327 in NCAA).
The Friars' stats take a hit when playing on the road, but they are still a program that averages 78.5 points per game (No. 24 in NCAA) on a shooting percentage of 46.3% (No. 64 in NCAA) this season. Providence has an ability to shoot the lights out at any time and that will be evident on Sunday.
Georgetown has lost five of its last six games against Providence, so fade the Hoyas in this one.
Final Score Prediction: Providence: 78 | Georgetown: 72
Providence vs Georgetown Best Bet
Georgetown has made a habit of getting into big holes during the first half and fighting its way back after halftime. The Hoyas are allowing 36.1 first half points per game (T-No. 308 in NCAA) and own a -1.9 first half average scoring margin (No. 249 in NCAA). That is not going to get the job done here.
Providence is averaging 36.4 first half points per game (No. 44 in NCAA) and has posted a +8.3 first half average scoring margin (No. 33 in NCAA). The Friars went into halftime up nine points against the Hoyas back on Feb. 8 and I expect a similar result here. They are going to come out firing off a loss.
Bet: Providence Friars First Half -3.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.