Princeton vs Cornell Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 3 (Tigers' Defense Bends, Doesn't Break vs. Big Red)
Princeton vs Cornell Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Princeton (14-6, 5-2 Ivy League) vs. Cornell (15-5, 5-2 Ivy League)
- Date: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Jadwin Gymnasium -- Princeton, New Jersey
The Cornell Big Red aim to win for the fourth time in five games when they pay a visit to the Princeton Tigers at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 3.
Cornell improved to 3-1 over its last four games with an 80-73 victory over Brown, led by a 23-point, 11-rebound double-double from Chris Manon. Meanwhile, Princeton is hungry for a win after falling 87-65 to Yale less than a week ago.
Will Cornell win and take over the top spot in the Ivy League? Or can Princeton figure out a way to defeat the Big Red for the second time this season?
Princeton vs Cornell Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PRINCE: (-152) | CORN: (+126)
- Spread: PRINCE: -2.5 (-120) | CORN: +2.5 (-102)
- Total: 158.5 -- Over: (-106) | Under: (-114)
Princeton enters this contest as the slim home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 158.5 points with the under being favored at -114 odds.
Princeton vs Cornell Betting Trends
- Princeton has eight wins in 18 games against the spread this year.
- The Tigers are 5-7 as 2.5-point favorites or more.
- Princeton has seen nine of its 18 games go over the point total.
- Cornell is 12-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Big Red's ATS record as 2.5-point underdogs or more is 4-1.
- Cornell has played 17 games this year, and 10 of them have hit the over.
|Princeton Rank||Princeton AVG||Cornell AVG||Cornell Rank|
Princeton vs Cornell Prediction & Pick
Cornell has one of the nation's best offenses (83.3 PPG, No. 3), but Princeton proved that it could handle that attack in its 75-68 win over the Big Red last month. Strong defensive performances have been the Tigers' bread and butter all season, proven by their 65.2 PPG allowed on 41.6% shooting at home.
Last month's victory was just the latest of many in Princeton's rivalry with Cornell. Not only are the Tigers 15-5 in the last 20 matchups with their Ivy League rival, but they've also won 10 of their last 11 home games against the Big Red.
Princeton's defense will apply pressure to Cornell all night long, forcing the latter to make some key misses. Fortunately, the Tigers can take advantage of those mistakes, proven by their 37.8 rebounds per game (No. 42). For reference, the Big Red only average 33.4 RPG (No. 229).
With the hometown crowd also playing a factor, look for Princeton to take sole possession of the Ivy League's No. 1 spot.
Final Score Prediction: Princeton: 75 | Cornell: 71
Princeton vs Cornell Best Bet
A projected total of 158.5 points is too much for my liking. First of all, Princeton and Cornell only combined for 143 points in their meeting in January. Secondly, the total has hit the under in 12 of the last 16 matchups between the Tigers and Big Red.
With the under also being 6-2 in the last eight Princeton-Cornell matchups, I see fewer points being scored than projected.
Bet: Under 158.5 (-114)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.