Pistons vs. Hornets Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 3 (Back the Underdog at Little Caesars Arena)
Pistons vs. Hornets Game Info
- Date: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Little Caesars Arena -- Detroit, Michigan
- Coverage: BSDET and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with eight more games, including a battle between the Charlotte Hornets and Detroit Pistons. The Hornets rank 14th in the Eastern Conference with a 15-38 record, while the Pistons check in last with a dispiriting 13-39 record. This one could go either way.
Charlotte enters as a loser in four of its last six games following a 114-98 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Thursday. Meanwhile, Detroit has now dropped six of its last seven games thanks to a 111-105 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Monday. Which team will regain momentum with a victory on Friday night?
Pistons vs. Hornets Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DET: (-118) | CHA: (+100)
- Spread: DET: -1.5 (-108) | CHA: +1.5 (-112)
- Total: 240 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Pistons enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 240 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Pistons vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- The Pistons have covered the spread in a game 23 times this season (23-24-2).
- The Hornets are 17-21-3 ATS when underdogs by 1.5 points or more this season.
- Pistons games have gone over the total 27 times out of 51 chances this season.
- Hornets games this season have gone over the point total 26 times in 51 opportunities (51%).
- Detroit has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered nine times in 24 games when playing at home, and it has covered 14 times in 25 games when playing on the road.
- This season, Charlotte is 7-15-0 at home against the spread (.318 winning percentage). On the road, it is 14-12-3 ATS (.483).
Pistons vs. Hornets Prediction & Pick
This is far from the most exciting matchup on Friday's slate, but it one that could end up in a win for either side. It's important to note that the Hornets are playing on the second night of a back-to-back, while the Pistons have not suited up since Monday after their game on Wednesday was postponed.
While Detroit has a rest advantage heading into this one, Charlotte has a star advantage. The Hornets will have the best player on the court on their side in LaMelo Ball. The third-year pro is averaging 23.0 points to go along with 8.7 assists and gets to face a Pistons defense that ranks 29th in efficiency.
Charlotte is also 15-2 straight up in its last 17 games against Detroit, so rock with the Hornets.
Final Score Prediction: Pistons: 118 | Hornets: 122
Pistons vs. Hornets Best Bet
The Hornets have to love visiting the Pistons. After all, Charlotte has won seven straight games at Little Caesars Arena by an efficient average of 10.4 points. Head coach Steve Clifford's team is 12-5 against the spread (ATS) in its last 17 games against Detroit, too. It's simply been a one-sided series.
Detroit is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games overall and 0-5 ATS in its last five home games. Expecting the Pistons to overcome their recent struggles and beat an opponent they have failed to beat in the past seems like a lot to ask of them tonight. Take the small underdog in this Eastern Conference matchup.
Bet: Charlotte Hornets +1.5 (-112)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.