Penn State vs Nebraska Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 5 (Can the Nittany Lions Earn a Big Ten Road Win?)
Penn State vs Nebraska Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Penn State (14-8, 5-6 Big Ten) vs. Nebraska (10-13, 3-9 Big Ten)
- Date: Sunday, February 5, 2023
- Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Venue: Pinnacle Bank Arena -- Lincoln, Nebraska
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Sunday with an exciting matchup between the Penn State Nittany Lions and Nebraska Cornhuskers. Penn State is coming off a tough 80-60 loss to Purdue on Wednesday. Senior Jalen Pickett led the offense with 12 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Nebraska couldn't keep up in a 72-56 loss to Illinois on Tuesday. Sam Griesel led the team with 21 points, but the Cornhuskers only shot 40.0% from the floor. It was the sixth loss in the last seven games for head coach Fred Hoiberg's squad. Which Big Ten team will bounce back on Sunday?
Penn State vs Nebraska Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PENNST: (-200) | NEB: (+164)
- Spread: PENNST: -4.5 (-110) | NEB: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 136.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Penn State enters this contest as notable road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 4:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 136.5 points, which is about average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Penn State vs Nebraska Betting Trends
- Penn State is 12-9-0 against the spread this year.
- The Nittany Lions' ATS record as 3.5-point favorites or more is 6-4.
- This year, 11 of Penn State's 21 games have gone over the point total.
- Nebraska has beaten the spread seven times in 23 games.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point underdogs or greater, the Cornhuskers are 4-11.
- Nebraska has played 23 games this year, and six of them have hit the over.
|Penn State Rank||Penn State AVG||Nebraska AVG||Nebraska Rank|
Penn State vs Nebraska Prediction & Pick
Penn State is once again battling for a spot in the NCAA Tournament field, as it has been for the last two decades. The Nittany Lions have a chance to get back on track on Sunday considering they beat this Nebraska team by a final score of 76-65 back on Jan. 21 thanks to a barrage of three-pointers.
Head coach Micah Shrewsberry's team drained 11 shots from beyond the arc in that victory, which is right on par with its season average of 10.7 made per contest (No. 4 in NCAA). Expect a similar outcome due to the fact that Nebraska allows 8.3 made three-pointers per game (No. 296 in NCAA).
Penn State is 5-2 straight up in its last seven games against Nebraska, so trust the Nittany Lions.
Final Score Prediction: Penn State: 74 | Nebraska: 68
Penn State vs Nebraska Best Bet
There's a bit of value in backing Penn State as a road favorite, but there's even more value in backing a high-scoring game. The total has hit the over in nine of the last 12 games between Nebraska and PSU. Less than 137 points haven't been scored in game between these foes since February of 2021.
The over has also cashed in seven of Penn State's last nine games overall. Yes, both of these teams play at a slower pace and aren't afraid to take the shot clock down to zero. However, that didn't stop the first head-to-head showdown from hitting the over (141 points). Trust the trends in this one.
Bet: Over 136.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.