Pelicans vs. Lakers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 4 (Los Angeles' Winning Ways Continue in New Orleans)
Pelicans vs. Lakers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Venue: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Coverage: ESPN2, BSNO, and SportsNet LA
The Los Angeles Lakers (25-28) aim for their third consecutive win when they visit the slumping New Orleans Pelicans (26-27) on Saturday, Feb. 4.
The Lakers improved to 2-2 on their five-game road trip with a 112-111 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Thursday. Meanwhile, the Pelicans' losing streak was extended to 10 games with a 111-106 loss to the Dallas Mavericks two nights ago.
Can the Lakers inch closer to the .500 mark? Or will the Pelicans finally end their lengthy skid tonight?
Pelicans vs. Lakers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAL: (-112) | NOP: (-104)
- Spread: LAL: -1 (-110) | NOP: +1 (-110)
- Total: 234 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Lakers enter this contest as slim road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 234 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Pelicans vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- The Lakers have put together a record of 24-25-2 against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans are 9-15-1 ATS when underdogs by 1 point or more this year.
- This season, 27 of the Lakers' games have gone over the point total.
- The Pelicans have gone over the point total 52.9% of the time this year (27 of 51 games with a set point total).
- Los Angeles has covered the spread in a higher percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered 12 times in 24 opportunities at home, and it has covered 12 times in 27 opportunities in road games.
- New Orleans' winning percentage against the spread at home is .520 (13-12-0). On the road, it is .385 (10-15-1).
Pelicans vs. Lakers Prediction & Pick
Momentum is clearly on the Lakers' side following their back-to-back wins over the Pacers and New York Knicks. Unsurprisingly, LeBron James and Anthony Davis have a lot to do with that success. The talented duo averaged a combined 56.0 points, 20.0 rebounds and 10.5 assists in those victories and have a great opportunity to continue that run tonight.
Nothing about the Pelicans' recent play gives much hope that they can win. They're averaging an NBA-worst 103.6 PPG during their 10-game skid, only shooting 46.2% from the field (No. 26) and 31.1% from three-point range (No. 28). The Pelicans' rebounding over that stretch has also left a lot to be desired (39.7 RPG, No. 27), as do their 15.6 turnovers per game (No. 26).
The Lakers are the clear-cut better team as of late and will add on to the Pelicans' slump tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Lakers: 118 | Pelicans: 107
Pelicans vs. Lakers Best Bet
Everything seems to be going against the Pelicans' favor ahead of this matchup. On top of losing their last 10 games, the Pelicans have also lost five straight at home with a minus-10.4 scoring margin. Furthermore, New Orleans is just 8-17 as the underdog this season, showcasing the improbability of an upset despite how close the odds are.
The Lakers have also won nine of their last 13 games against the Pelicans and are 12-5-1 ATS in their last 17 outings. As long as they continue their recent play, the Lakers won't have any issue covering as the 1-point favorites.
Bet: Lakers -1 (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.