Pelicans vs. Nets Game Info
- Date: Friday, January 6, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Coverage: ESPN, BSNO, and YES
The New Orleans Pelicans (24-14) will play host to the Brooklyn Nets (25-13) in one of 11 NBA matchups scheduled for Friday, Jan. 6.
The Nets are hungry to rebound tonight after Wednesday's 121-112 loss to the Chicago Bulls ended Brooklyn's 12-game winning streak. Meanwhile, the Pelicans enter this match fresh off a 119-108 victory over the Houston Rockets two nights ago, led by a game-high 28 points from C.J. McCollum.
Can the Nets get back on track with a road win? Or will the Pelicans only add to Brooklyn's latest woes?
Pelicans vs. Nets Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BKN: (-184) | NO: (+154)
- Spread: BKN: -4.5 (-114) | NO: +4.5 (-108)
- Total: 231 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nets enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 231 points, which is in the middle of Friday's totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Pelicans vs. Nets Betting Trends
- The Nets have registered a 20-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans have covered the spread once this year when underdogs by 5 points or more (in three chances).
- Nets games have gone over the total 16 times out of 36 chances this season.
- Pelicans games this season have eclipsed the over/under 20 times in 36 opportunities (55.6%).
- Against the spread, Brooklyn has performed worse when playing at home, covering nine times in 18 home games, and 11 times in 19 road games.
- Against the spread, New Orleans has performed better at home (12-8-0) than away (7-9-0).
Pelicans vs. Nets Prediction & Pick
Although the Pelicans looked solid in their win over the Rockets, that came against one of the NBA's worst teams. Now, New Orleans must attempt to defeat the Nets — an NBA Championship contender — without the likes of Zion Williamson (hamstring), Brandon Ingram (toe), Larry Nance Jr. (shoulder) and potentially Willy Hernangomez (ankle).
Needless to say, I don't see how a banged-up Pelicans squad can overcome the likes of Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. The duo is playing some of their best basketball of the season lately, with Durant averaging 30.1 points in his last 12 games while Irving has put up 28.9 in his last 11. Their play has resulted in the Nets averaging an NBA-high 123.2 points over the last 13 games.
The Nets are the deeper and hotter team at the moment and with all of the key injuries that the Pelicans are dealing with, this is Brooklyn's game to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Nets: 122 | Pelicans: 115
Pelicans vs. Nets Best Bet
Even with certain players being sidelined, I'm expecting a strong offensive showing from both teams. The Pelicans and Nets have the fourth- and 12th-best offenses, respectively, this season and combined for 238 points in their first meeting back in October.
The total has also hit the over in 10 of the last 12 Pelicans-Nets matchups, as well as in all but one of the last 15 games played between these two teams in New Orleans. In other words, I don't expect these teams to have any issues going over 231 points tonight.
Bet: Over 231 Points (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.