Oregon vs USC Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 9 (Trojans' Accurate Offense Derails Ducks' Momentum)
Oregon vs USC Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Oregon (14-10, 8-5 Pac-12) vs. USC (17-6, 9-3 Pac-12)
- Date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Venue: Matthew Knight Arena -- Eugene, Oregon
- Coverage: ESPN2
Thursday, Feb. 9's NCAA college basketball schedule features some Pac-12 action as the Oregon Ducks go one-on-one with the USC Trojans at 11 p.m. ET.
Oregon has found a bit of success lately, improving to 3-1 in its last four games with Saturday's 75-70 win against Arizona State. Meanwhile, USC has won each of its last four outings, most recently picking up an 80-74 victory over Washington with help from Keion Brooks and Keyon Menifield combining for 43 points.
Can Oregon continue to find success at home? Or will USC find a way to extend its winning streak to five games?
Oregon vs USC Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OREGN: (-184) | USC: (+152)
- Spread: OREGN: -3.5 (-120) | USC: +3.5 (-102)
- Total: 142.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Oregon enters this contest as the slight home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 11 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 142.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Oregon vs USC Betting Trends
- Oregon is 12-12-0 against the spread this season.
- As 4.5-point favorites or more, the Ducks are 7-6 against the spread.
- Out of 24 Oregon's games so far this season, 13 have hit the over.
- USC has 13 wins in 23 games against the spread this year.
- The Trojans are 3-1 as 4.5-point underdogs or more.
- Out of USC's 23 games so far this season, 12 have gone over the total.
|Oregon Rank||Oregon AVG||USC AVG||USC Rank|
Oregon vs USC Prediction & Pick
While both teams have been playing well as of late, it's hard to ignore what USC has done. The Trojans have scored 77-plus points in each of their last four, winning them by an average of 9.3 points. One of those victories was even a huge 77-64 win over then-No. 8 UCLA, which is a team that has already beaten Oregon this season.
The Ducks' defense is solid, but they also allowed 91 points to ranked Arizona two games ago. With USC putting up the points while shooting 48.2% from the field and 36.5% from three-point range over its last three games (both above the season average), Oregon could have its hands full again tonight.
Considering how the Trojans also have a better Pac-12 record (9-3) than the Ducks (8-5) and won 70-69 on their last trip to Matthew Knight Arena, I see USC pulling off the upset tonight.
Final Score Prediction: USC: 72 | Oregon: 70
Oregon vs USC Best Bet
Regarding the best bet, I like USC cover as the +3.5 undergo. On top of being 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games, the Trojans have covered the spread in six of their last eight road contests. Furthermore, they're also 5-1 ATS in their previous six games against the Ducks.
With Oregon being 1-7 ATS in its last eight games in February and only 3-3 ATS against Pac-12 foes at home this season, I'm even more convinced that USC can pull off the upset.
Bet: USC +3.5 (-102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.