Oregon vs UC Irvine Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 15 NIT Game (Ducks Emerge Victorious in Shootout)
Oregon vs UC Irvine Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Oregon (19-14) vs. UC Irvine (23-11)
- Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Venue: Matthew Knight Arena -- Eugene, Oregon
- Coverage: ESPN2
The 2023 NIT continues on Wednesday with a great first-round matchup between the UC Irvine Anteaters and Oregon Ducks. UC Irvine fell short of making the NCAA Tournament with a 23-11 record (15-5 conference), while Oregon did not make the field with a 19-14 record (12-8 conference).
Oregon vs UC Irvine Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OREGN: (-330) | UC IRV: (+260)
- Spread: OREGN: -7.5 (-110) | UC IRV: +7.5 (-110)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Oregon enters this contest as a considerable favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 11 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Oregon vs UC Irvine Betting Trends
- Oregon has beaten the spread 15 times in 33 games.
- The Ducks have an ATS record of 5-5 as 8.5-point favorites or more.
- Out of 33 Oregon's games so far this year, 18 have hit the over.
- UC Irvine has 16 wins in 32 games against the spread this year.
- The Anteaters have covered every time (2-0) as a 8.5-point underdog or more this year.
- There have been 19 UC Irvine games (out of 32) that hit the over this year.
|Oregon Rank||Oregon AVG||UC Irvine AVG||UC Irvine Rank|
Oregon vs UC Irvine Prediction & Pick
UC Irvine is led by a reliable backcourt duo in Dawson Baker and DJ Davis. Each player is averaging at least 15.2 points per game and shooting 37.6% or better from three-point range. The efforts of those two have been a big reason why the Anteaters rank 66th in average scoring margin (+5.7) this year.
Oregon has won games through balanced scoring as well as five different Ducks are averaging at least 8.7 points per game. This game is going to be come down to defensive stops at the end. Oregon is allowing a shooting percentage of 39.8% in home games, so trust the Ducks to get those stops.
Oregon has won six of its last seven games against UC Irvine, so back the Ducks to advance here.
Final Score Prediction: Oregon: 78 | UC Irvine: 72
Oregon vs UC Irvine Best Bet
There's a lot to like about this contests turning into a back-and-forth shootout. UC Irvine averages over 3.0 more possessions per game than Oregon, meaning the Anteaters are going to do what they can to quicken the pace of this game. Their offense regularly outshines their defense, anyways.
The total has hit the over in four of Oregon's last five games overall as well as in each of its last six games on a Wednesday. Not only that, but the over has cashed in 17 of Oregon's last 19 games in March, too. This is the time of year in which head coach Dana Altman lets his offense take the reins.
Bet: Over 145.5 Total Points (-115)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.