Oral Roberts vs North Dakota State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for Summit League Championship (Trust the Defenses)
Oral Roberts vs North Dakota State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Summit League Tournament Championship
- Oral Roberts (29-4, 18-0 Summit League) vs. North Dakota State (16-16, 11-7 Summit League)
- Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Denny Sanford Premier Center -- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Coverage: ESPN2
A spot in the NCAA Tournament is up for grabs when North Dakota State and Oral Roberts meet in the Summit League Championship. The Bison beat South Dakota (70-68 score) and took down South Dakota State (89-79 score) to get here. Grant Nelson tallied 43 points and 33 rebounds in that span.
Meanwhile, the Golden Eagles picked apart North Dakota in a 96-80 win and defeated St. Thomas by a score of 70-65 to reach the final. Max Abmas led the way with 37 points (11-of-10 shooting) and 10 assists across those wins. Which Summit League squad will emerge victorious on Tuesday night?
Oral Roberts vs North Dakota State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ORU: (-580) | ND ST: (+420)
- Spread: ORU: -10.5 (-110) | ND ST: +10.5 (-110)
- Total: 152.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Oral Roberts enters this contest as a considerable favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 152.5 points, which is above average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Oral Roberts vs North Dakota State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Oral Roberts is 12-17-0 this season.
- The Golden Eagles are 5-11 as 10.5-point favorites or more.
- Oral Roberts has seen 13 of its 29 games go over the point total.
- North Dakota State's record against the spread is 15-15-0.
- The Bison have an ATS record of 4-2 as 10.5-point underdogs or greater.
- North Dakota State has played 30 games this year, and 12 of them have gone over the total.
|Oral Roberts Rank||Oral Roberts AVG||North Dakota State AVG||North Dakota State Rank|
Oral Roberts vs North Dakota State Prediction & Pick
North Dakota State's run to the Summit League championship has been fun to watch, but the Bison have their work cut out for them on Tuesday. Oral Roberts is on an amazing 16-game winning streak and has the depth to pull off an upset or two over a Power Five school in the NCAA Tournament.
The Golden Eagles average 82.1 points per game (No. 5 in NCAA) on a shooting percentage of 47.6% (No. 24 in NCAA). They also shoot 77.8% from the free throw line (No. 15 in NCAA). North Dakota State ranks 281st in defensive efficiency and doesn't have the talent to get stops when it matters most.
North Dakota State has lost 14 of its last 17 games as an underdog, so fade the Bison in this one.
Final Score Prediction: Oral Roberts: 77 | North Dakota State: 69
Oral Roberts vs North Dakota State Best Bet
Oral Roberts is going to sink a lot of open shots, but a point total set at 152.5 seems a bit high. After all, the total has hit the under in five of Oral Roberts' last six games overall. The under has also cashed in five of North Dakota State's last six games overall and in four of its last five games on a Tuesday.
Both of these teams have stepped up on defense as of late. The Bison have allowed an average of 72.0 points over their last three games, while the Golden Eagles have allowed an average of 70.0 points. Keeping that same effort is all that will be needed to avoid a shootout in the title contest.
Bet: Under 152.5 Total Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.