Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 21 (Sooners Aim to Get Back on Track at Home)
Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Oklahoma (13-14, 3-11 Big 12) vs. Texas Tech (15-12, 4-10 Big 12)
- Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lloyd Noble Center -- Norman, Oklahoma
- Coverage: ESPN2
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the Texas Tech Red Raiders and Oklahoma Sooners. Texas Tech enters on a three-game winning streak that includes a 78-72 victory over West Virginia on Saturday. Guard Jaylon Tyson logged 27 points.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma has now dropped five of its last six games thanks to an 85-83 loss against Texas on Saturday. Five different Sooners players scored in double digits, but the team tallied 18 turnovers and 24 personal fouls. Which Big 12 team will earn a valuable victory on Tuesday night?
Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKLA: (-154) | TXTECH: (+128)
- Spread: OKLA: -2.5 (-115) | TXTECH: +2.5 (-105)
- Total: 135.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Oklahoma enters this contest as a slight home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 135.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Betting Trends
- Oklahoma's record against the spread is 11-15-0.
- The Sooners have an ATS record of 3-7 as 2.5-point favorites or greater.
- Oklahoma has played 26 games this year, and 15 of them have gone over the total.
- Texas Tech's record against the spread is 13-14-0.
- Against the spread as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Red Raiders are 5-4.
- This year, 16 of Texas Tech's 27 games have hit the over.
|Oklahoma Rank||Oklahoma AVG||Texas Tech AVG||Texas Tech Rank|
Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Prediction & Pick
Both the Sooners and Red Raiders are better than their records indicate due to the fact that they are stuck in a Big 12 conference full of talented teams. All it may take for them to get back on the NCAA Tournament bubble would be making a run in the upcoming conference tournament in March.
Earning a win on Tuesday would be huge, too. Oklahoma has an edge heading into this one as Texas Tech has only won two of its eight road games this season. The Red Raiders shoot 43.8% from the floor in away games and now has to face a defense that allows just 64.0 points per home game.
Back the Sooners to complete a sweep after beating the Red Raiders by a score of 68-63 in January.
Final Score Prediction: Oklahoma: 72 | Texas Tech: 69
Oklahoma vs Texas Tech Best Bet
Oklahoma's defense has struggled as of late, allowing at least 70 points in seven of the last eight games. The Sooners have also averaged 69.5 points per game during that span, which has helped the total to hit the over six times. The over has cashed in seven of their last nine home games, too.
The total has hit the over in five of Texas Tech's last seven games overall as well as in four of its last five away games. The under did hit in the first matchup between these squads, but they combined to go 11-of-45 from beyond the arc (24.4%). More three-pointers should drop the second time around.
Bet: Over 135.5 Points (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.