Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 1 (Sooners Keep Building Momentum at Home)
Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Oklahoma (12-9, 2-6 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma State (12-9, 3-5 Big 12)
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lloyd Noble Center -- Norman, Oklahoma
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and Oklahoma Sooners. Oklahoma State has won three of its last four games after beating Ole Miss 82-60 on Saturday. Senior Kalib Boone tallied a team-high 18 points.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma is coming off its best win of the season as it destroyed Alabama in a 93-69 victory on Saturday. The Sooners shot 57.6% from the floor and were led by the efforts of Grant Sherfield. He scored 30 points on an 11-of-20 shooting mark. Which Big 12 rival will win tonight?
Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKLA: (-164) | OKLAST: (+136)
- Spread: OKLA: -3.5 (-110) | OKLAST: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 130.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Oklahoma enters this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 130.5 points, which is below average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Oklahoma is 9-11-0 this year.
- As a 3.5-point favorite or greater, the Sooners have two wins ATS (2-6).
- Oklahoma has played 20 games this season, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- Oklahoma State has 11 wins in 21 games against the spread this season.
- As a 3.5-point underdog or greater, the Cowboys have one win ATS (1-5) this year.
- Out of Oklahoma State's 21 games so far this year, nine have gone over the total.
|Oklahoma Rank||Oklahoma AVG||Oklahoma State AVG||Oklahoma State Rank|
Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Prediction & Pick
Big 12 fans are in for a treat here as both the Cowboys and Sooners currently sit on the bubble when it comes to the NCAA Tournament. A win on Wednesday would certainly help build a solid resume for when March rolls around. The edge has to be given to the home team here for a few different reasons.
Oklahoma is shooting 50.6% from the floor at the Lloyd Noble Center this season and owns a +8.5 average scoring margin across 11 home games. Oklahoma State comes to town ranked 311th in turnovers per game (14.5), 219th in points per game (68.8) and 210th in shooting percentage (43.6%).
Keep in mind the Sooners have also won 16 of their last 18 home games against the Cowboys.
Final Score Prediction: Oklahoma: 69 | Oklahoma State: 62
Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Best Bet
As mentioned above, Oklahoma State is not a team that thrives on the offensive end of the court. The Cowboys' defense is what keeps them competitive, but it's a defense that is giving up over 11.0 more points per game on the road than it does at home. That is not going to get the job done in this rivalry.
Oklahoma State is 3-9 against the spread (ATS) in its last 12 games played on a Wednesday and 2-4 ATS in its last six games played in February. This pick isn't as much about backing the Sooners as it is about fading the Cowboys. Oklahoma State simply falls apart when put in rowdy road environments.
Bet: Oklahoma Sooners -3.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.