Oklahoma State vs Youngstown State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 15 NIT Tournament Game (Cowboys Move On)
Oklahoma State vs Youngstown State Game Info
- 2022-23 NIT Tournament Game
- Oklahoma State (18-15) vs. Youngstown State (24-9)
- Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Beeghly Center -- Youngstown, Ohio
- Coverage: ESPN+
The first round of the 2022-23 NIT Tournament kicks off this week, featuring a first-round matchup between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and Youngstown State Penguins.
Oklahoma State aims to win its first NIT Championship after being eliminated in the Big 12 Tournament quarterfinals by Texas. Meanwhile, Youngstown also seeks a bounce-back performance after losing 75-63 to Northern Kentucky in the Horizon League semifinals.
Which school will take one step closer to its first NIT title?
Oklahoma State vs Youngstown State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKLAST: (-240) | YSU: (+195)
- Spread: OKLAST: -5.5 (-115) | YSU: +5.5 (-105)
- Total: 148.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Oklahoma State enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 148.5 points with both sides available at -110 odds.
Oklahoma State vs Youngstown State Betting Trends
- Oklahoma State has 16 wins in 33 games against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys' ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 6-5.
- This season, 17 of Oklahoma State's 33 games have gone over the point total.
- Youngstown State has beaten the spread 18 times in 31 games.
- The Penguins have covered every time (1-0) as a 5.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- There have been 21 Youngstown State games (out of 31) that hit the over this season.
|Oklahoma State Rank||Oklahoma State AVG||Youngstown State AVG||Youngstown State Rank|
Oklahoma State vs Youngstown State Prediction & Pick
On paper, Youngstown State has the eighth-best offense in the country (80.9 PPG), however, that success came against weaker opponents in the Horizon League. Now, the Penguins are tasked with facing the Cowboys, who've won five of their last six games against the conference.
Oklahoma State will also make Youngstown State pay for its lack of discipline. The Penguins have taken fouls on 24.3% of defensive possessions over the last three games, which is absurd. Unfortunately for the Pens, the Cowboys sink 73.5% of their free throws when they're away from home.
With the Cowboys also allowing just 59.3 PPG over their last three outings, I don't see Youngstown State getting its usual offensive production. Back Oklahoma State to advance to the NIT Tournament's second round.
Final Score Prediction: Oklahoma State: 76 | Youngstown State: 70
Oklahoma State vs Youngstown State Best Bet
When it comes to this game's best bet, it's hard to argue against Oklahoma State on the spread. Though OSU is an underwhelming 2-6 ATS in its last eight games, Youngstown State hasn't been much better, going 1-6 ATS in its last seven outings in March.
Furthermore, the Cowboys are a solid 4-1 ATS in their last five games of the month. With Youngstown State going four straight games without covering, Oklahoma State should win this one convincingly.
Bet: Oklahoma State -5.5 (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.