Ohio State vs Purdue Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 24 Ohio State (10-3, 2-0 Big Ten) vs. No. 1 Purdue (13-1, 2-1 Big Ten)
- Date: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Value City Arena -- Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, Jan. 5's NCAA college football schedule features several exciting matchups, including a Big Ten clash between the No. 24 Ohio State Buckeyes and No. 1 Purdue Boilermakers.
Ohio State has been executing a winning formula lately, notching its third straight win with a 73-57 effort against Northwestern on Sunday. Meanwhile, Purdue enters tonight's game following its first loss of the season — a 65-64 defeat at the hands of Rutgers three nights ago.
Will Ohio State be victorious for the fourth game in a row with another win at home? Or will Purdue get back on track with a strong road effort?
Ohio State vs Purdue Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OHIOST: (-125) | PURDUE: (+104)
- Spread: OHIOST: -1.5 (-110) | PURDUE: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Ohio State enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Ohio State vs Purdue Betting Trends
- Ohio State has seven wins in 13 games against the spread this season.
- The Buckeyes are 6-3 as 1.5-point favorites or more.
- Ohio State has played 13 games this season, and eight of them have gone over the total.
- Purdue's record against the spread is 4-10-0.
- The Boilermakers are unbeaten ATS (2-0) as a 1.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- This year, four of Purdue's 14 games have hit the over.
|Ohio State Rank||Ohio State AVG||Purdue AVG||Purdue Rank|
Ohio State vs Purdue Prediction & Pick
Purdue might be the higher-ranked school here, but there are a lot of things that Ohio State does right. For starters, the Buckeyes are averaging 81.0 points (No. 16) on 49.2% shooting (No. 13) this season. Those numbers bode well against a Boilermakers team that only scored 64 points on a 39.6% field-goal percentage against Rutgers.
Ohio State is also holding opponents to just 56.7 PPG at Value City Arena thus far. Furthermore, the Buckeyes have won 14 of their last 18 home games against the Boilermakers. Considering how OSU has won the last seven games in its arena, I like Purdue even less following its latest loss.
While I expect a competitive affair here, Ohio State is talented enough on both sides of the ball to get the job done.
Final Score Prediction: Ohio State: 70 | Purdue: 67
Ohio State vs Purdue Best Bet
As far as the best bet for this game, I recommend taking the under on the 141.5-point total. Although both offenses have performed well this season, Ohio State and Purdue are only allowing a combined 125.4 PPG. On top of that, four of their last six meetings have finished with fewer than 141.5 points.
With these Big Ten rivals ramping up the defense whenever they collide, the under is the most logical pick tonight.
Bet: Oklahoma State -2.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.