Ohio State vs Maryland Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 24 Ohio State (10-4, 2-1 Big Ten) vs. Maryland (10-5, 1-3 Big Ten)
- Date: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: Xfinity Center -- College Park, Maryland
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Sunday with an exciting matchup between the No. 24 Ohio State Buckeyes and Maryland Terrapins. Ohio State is coming off a brutal 71-69 loss to Purdue on Thursday. Brice Sensabaugh logged a team-high 21 points to go along with 5 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Maryland has now dropped back-to-back games following its 64-50 loss to Rutgers on Thursday. The Terrapins racked up 20 turnovers and tallied only 11 two-point field goals in the defeat. They are in desperate need of a bounce-back win as a 1-3 start in conference play is less than ideal.
Ohio State vs Maryland Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OHIOST: (-130) | MD: (+108)
- Spread: OHIOST: -1.5 (-115) | MD: +1.5 (-105)
- Total: 140.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Ohio State enters this contest as slight road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 140.5 points, which is above average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Ohio State vs Maryland Betting Trends
- Ohio State is 7-7-0 against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 0.5-point favorites or more, the Buckeyes are 6-4.
- Ohio State has played 14 games this season, and nine of them have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, Maryland is 8-7-0 this year.
- The Terrapins have won twice ATS (2-3) as a 0.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- Out of Maryland's 15 games so far this year, four have hit the over.
|Ohio State Rank||Ohio State AVG||Maryland AVG||Maryland Rank|
Best College Basketball Picks - Ohio State vs Maryland
As much as Maryland is in need of a bounce-back win, so is Ohio State. The Buckeyes would've upset the No. 1 team in the country if it was not for a late three-pointer by the Boilermakers. Making sure that loss does not cause the team to spiral in the Big Ten is crucial for head coach Chris Holtmann.
I like the Buckeyes to get back on track with a momentous road win. Ohio State ranks 22nd in points per game (80.1), 11th in total rebounding rate (55.3%) and tied for 46th in turnovers per game (11.3). Maryland ranks lower in each category, so I just don't see home-court making enough of a difference.
Maryland is also 2-6 straight up in its last eight games on a Sunday, so fade the Terrapins here.
Final Score Prediction: Ohio State: 75 | Maryland: 70
Ohio State vs Maryland Picks
These are two offenses that know how to score. Ohio State is averaging 77.8 points per road game, while Maryland is averaging 74.9 points per home game. The Buckeyes also average 17.0 fouls per away game and the Terrapins average 15.0 fouls per home game. Free throws will make an impact.
The total has hit the over in four of Ohio State's last five games as well as in seven of Maryland's last 10 games against a team with a winning record. Keep in mind the average total points scored in the last four games between these two teams is 143.3. Trust the trneds in this thrilling Big Ten showdown.
Bet: Over 140.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.