Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the Ohio Bobcats. Here's everything you need to know about Ohio's bowl history before making its next appearance.
Ohio Bowl Game History
Ohio has been an infrequent bowl participant, only appearing in two games before 2006. Nevertheless, the program has made 14 bowl appearances all-time.
The Bobcats made their first bowl appearance in 1962 as part of the Mid-American Conference. They lost to West Texas State 15-14 at the Sun Bowl that year.
Ohio has qualified for 11 bowls since the 2009 campaign. The Bobcats' last appearance was at the 2022 Arizona Bowl, which they won 30-27 over Wyoming.
Ohio Bowl Game Wins and Appearances
Ohio owns a 6-8 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below:
- Sun Bowl (Dec. 31, 1962): West Texas 15, Ohio 14
- Tangerine Bowl (Dec. 27, 1968): Richmond 49, Ohio 42
- GMAC Bowl (Jan. 7, 2009): Southern Miss 28, Ohio 7
- Little Caesars Bowl (Dec. 26, 2009): Marshall 21, Ohio 17
- New Orleans Bowl (Dec. 18, 2010): Troy 48, Ohio 21
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 17, 2011): Ohio 24, Utah State 23
- Idenepdence Bowl (Dec. 28, 2012): Ohio 45, UL Monroe 14
- Beef O'Brady's Bowl (Dec. 23, 2013): East Carolina 37, Ohio 20
- Camellia Bowl (Dec. 19, 2015): Appalachian State 31, Ohio 29
- Dollar General Bowl (Dec. 23, 2016): Troy 28, Ohio 23
- Bahamas Bowl (Dec. 22, 2017): Ohio 41, UAB 6
- Frisco Bowl (Dec. 19, 2018): Ohio 27, San Diego State 0
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Jan. 3, 2020): Ohio 30, Nevada 21
- Arizona Bowl (Dec. 30, 2022): Ohio 30, Wyoming 27
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.