North Carolina vs Wake Forest Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 7 (UNC Relies on Size to Earn ACC Win)
North Carolina vs Wake Forest Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- North Carolina (15-8, 7-5 ACC) vs. Wake Forest (15-9, 7-6 ACC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum -- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the North Carolina Tar Heels and Wake Forest Demon Deacons. North Carolina fell short in a 63-57 loss to Duke on Saturday for its second straight ACC defeat. Armando Bacot tallied a team-high 14 points.
Meanwhile, Wake Forest took down Notre Dame by a score of 81-64 on Saturday to snap a four-game losing streak. Damari Monsanto paced the offense with 28 points, while Tyree Appleby chipped in with 16 points to go along with 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Which ACC squad will win on Tuesday?
North Carolina vs Wake Forest Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UNC: (-110) | WAKE: (-110)
- Spread: UNC: +0.5 (-110) | WAKE: -0.5 (-110)
- Total: 153.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Neither team enters this contest as a favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 153.5 points, which is above average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
North Carolina vs Wake Forest Betting Trends
- North Carolina is 7-16-0 against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Tar Heels are 7-11.
- There have been 10 North Carolina's games (out of 23) that went over the total this year.
- Wake Forest's record against the spread is 14-9-0.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Demon Deacons are 6-3.
- There have been 17 Wake Forest games (out of 23) that went over the total this year.
|North Carolina Rank||North Carolina AVG||Wake Forest AVG||Wake Forest Rank|
North Carolina vs Wake Forest Prediction & Pick
Damari Monsanto may be one of the best players in college basketball that no one has heard of. The Wake Forest standout is shooting 42% from beyond the arc and has made 76 three-pointers on the season, which is the top mark among all power-conference players. He is a baller to watch out for.
The good news for North Carolina is that it has been shutting down the long ball all year long. The Tar Heels allow an opponent three-point shooting percentage of 32.6% at home. Keep in mind they also thrived on offense against the Demon Deacons back on Jan. 4 in what was an 88-79 victory for UNC.
North Carolina is 9-2 straight up in its last 11 games against Wake Forest, so rock with the Tar Heels.
Final Score Prediction: North Carolina: 80 | Wake Forest: 76
North Carolina vs Wake Forest Best Bet
Look for Armando Bacot to be the difference-maker in this showdown. All three of Wake Forest's best players are perimeter threats as the Demon Deacons lack size around the rim. That was clear in the first matchup as Bacot picked apart the defense to the tune of 21 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists.
Keep in mind Wake Forest's campus sits just 30 miles away from UNC's, which means a home court advantage will not be nearly as evident. The Tar Heels 6-1 straight up in their last seven games on a Tuesday, while the Demon Deacons are 3-5 straight up in its last eight home games against UNC.
Bet: North Carolina Tar Heels ML (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.