North Carolina vs Syracuse Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- North Carolina (14-6, 6-3 ACC) vs. Syracuse (13-7, 6-3 ACC)
- Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: JMA Wireless Dome -- Syracuse, New York
The JMA Wireless Dome will host some ACC action tonight as the Syracuse Orange are set to host the North Carolina Tar Heels at 9 p.m. ET.
Syracuse enters tonight's matchup having won three of its last four games, including an 80-63 win over Georgia Tech on Saturday. Meanwhile, North Carolina is currently riding a three-game winning streak, having picked up a decisive 80-69 victory against NC State over the weekend.
Does Syracuse have another impressive performance in store for the JMA Wireless Dome fans? Or will North Carolina hand the Orange a rare home loss?
North Carolina vs Syracuse Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UNC: (-184) | SYR: (+152)
- Spread: UNC: -4.5 (-110) | SYR: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
North Carolina enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points with both sides set at -110.
North Carolina vs Syracuse Betting Trends
- North Carolina has seven wins in 20 games against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Tar Heels are 7-9.
- Out of 20 North Carolina's games so far this year, 10 have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, Syracuse is 11-9-0 this season.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point underdogs or greater, the Orange are 3-2.
- This year, 13 of Syracuse's 20 games have gone over the point total.
|North Carolina Rank||North Carolina AVG||Syracuse AVG||Syracuse Rank|
North Carolina vs Syracuse Prediction & Pick
North Carolina is the clear favorite tonight, but don't count Syracuse out. The Orange are an impressive 9-3 at JMA Wireless Dome this season, holding opponents to 69.3 PPG. Their defense also averages 5.6 blocks (T-No. 11) and 7.8 steals (No. 53) overall.
The fact that North Carolina only averages 6.4 three-pointers on 29.6% shooting on the road also concerns me. After all, Syracuse tallies 6.8 threes with a 38.3% success rate at home. On top of that, the Orange force turnovers on 13.5% of their opponents' possessions (No. 119), further showing the type of defensive pressure that the Tar Heels will be under tonight.
Taking into account that UNC is just 1-4 on the road this season, I'm even more convinced that Syracuse can pull off the upset tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Syracuse: 73 | North Carolina: 70
North Carolina vs Syracuse Best Bet
I recommend backing Syracuse to cover the spread as the best bet here. For starters, North Carolina is 7-13 ATS in its last 20 games and 1-3 ATS in its last four road games against fellow ACC schools. Furthermore, the Tar Heels only own a plus-0.2 road scoring margin.
Meanwhile, Syracuse is 4-1 ATS in its last five games while being a plus-11.5 at home. The Orange constantly give the opposition a tough time at JMA Wireless Dome and that won't be any different tonight.
Bet: Syracuse +4.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.