North Carolina vs Florida State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 27 (FSU's Home Skid Continues)
North Carolina vs Florida State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- North Carolina (18-11, 10-8 ACC) vs. Florida State (9-20, 7-11 ACC)
- Date: Monday, February 27, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Donald L. Tucker Civic Center -- Tallahassee, Florida
- Coverage: ESPN
Monday, Feb. 27's NCAA college basketball schedule includes some ACC action as the North Carolina Tar Heels take to the road to face the rival Florida State Seminoles.
North Carolina has a pep in its stepping following Saturday's huge 71-63 win over ranked Virginia. Meanwhile, Florida State also has some momentum after snapping a four-game losing streak with an 85-84 victory against No. 13 Miami.
So, which one of these ACC schools will continue their winning ways tonight?
North Carolina vs Florida State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UNC: (-350) | FSU: (+275)
- Spread: UNC: -7.5 (-118) | FSU: +7.5 (-104)
- Total: 150.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
North Carolina enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 150.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
North Carolina vs Florida State Betting Trends
- North Carolina is 9-20-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels are 5-7 as 8.5-point favorites or more.
- This year, 13 of North Carolina's 29 games have hit the over.
- Florida State is 12-17-0 against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 8.5-point underdogs or more, the Seminoles are 4-4.
- Out of Florida State's 29 games so far this season, 17 have gone over the total.
|North Carolina Rank||North Carolina AVG||Florida State AVG||Florida State Rank|
North Carolina vs Florida State Prediction & Pick
Playing at Donald L. Tucker Civic Center hasn't given Florida State much of an advantage lately. On top of being just 5-10 at home, the Seminoles are on a six-game losing streak in their arena. They've surrendered 78.2 PPG over that stretch, losing each game by an average of 9.3 points.
With poor defensive play like that, Florida State will have a tough time guarding a North Carolina team averaging 77.1 PPG (No. 37). Furthermore, the Tar Heels have had a decent amount of success in Tallahassee, FL, winning 13 of their last 19 road games against the Seminoles.
With Florida State winning just four of its 14 games as the underdog, I don't see an upset happening tonight. The Tar Heels will take advantage of the Seminoles' recent poor play at home, resulting in a UNC victory.
Final Score Prediction: North Carolina: 79 | Florida State: 70
North Carolina vs Florida State Best Bet
Though neither team has been overly reliable against the spread, I'm still backing North Carolina to cover tonight. Not only is Florida State 1-6 ATS in its last seven games, but it's also 2-14 ATS in its last 16 February contests. Furthermore, the Seminoles have failed to cover the spread in 12 of their last 14 meetings with the Tar Heels.
Considering that UNC crushed FSU by 20 points in their last meeting, I see North Carolina winning this one by a few possessions.
Bet: North Carolina 7.5 (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.