The 2022 MLB season has arrived with Opening Day Thursday, April 7. It's the perfect time to make some last-minute wagers on betting futures on FanDuel Sportsbook, especially when it concerns the National League Rookie of the Year race.
This year's race will be full of exciting first-year players, such as the Chicago Cubs' Seiya Suzuki and Pittsburgh Pirates' Oneil Cruz. However, bettors can also get decent value by targeting some intriguing dark-horse picks. The NL Rookie of the Year odds will adjust throughout the season as rookies rise and fall.
Here's a look at the National League Rookie of the Year odds with a full listing on FanDuel Sportsbook as the 2022 season begins. Also, check out the best bet to consider for the top rookie award in the National League.
NL Rookie of the Year Odds 2022
1. Seiya Suzuki, Chicago Cubs (+350)
2. Oneil Cruz, Pittsburgh Pirates (+460)
3. C.J. Abrams, San Diego Padres (+650)
4. Hunter Greene, Cincinnati Reds (+750)
5. Bryson Stott, Philadelphia Phillies (+850)
6. Joey Bart, San Francisco Giants (+1600)
7. Alek Thomas, Arizona Diamondbacks (+3500)
8. Nick Lodolo, Cincinnati Reds (+3500)
9. Sixto Sanchez, Miami Marlins (+4000)
10. Seth Beer, Arizona Diamondbacks (+4000)
11. MacKenzie Gore, San Diego Padres (+4000)
12. Cade Cavalli, Washington Nationals (+4000)
13. Brennen Davis, Chicago Cubs (+5500)
14. Matt Vierling, Philadelphia Phillies (+5500)
15. Max Meyer, Miami Marlins (+5500)
16. Mickey Moniak, Philadelphia Phillies (+8500)
17. Nolan Gorman, St. Louis Cardinals (+8000)
18. Luis Campusano, San Diego Padres (+8000)
19. Roansy Contreras, Pittsburgh Pirates (+8000)
20. Ethan Small, Milwaukee Brewers (+8000)
21. Edward Cabrera, Miami Marlins (+8000)
22. Matthew Liberatore, St. Louis Cardinals (+8000)
23. Geraldo Perdomo, Arizona Diamondbacks (+8000)
24. Heliot Ramos, San Francisco Giants (+10000)
25. Bobby Miller, Los Angeles Dodgers (+10000)
NL Rookie of the Year Prediction 2022
The Cincinnati Reds' top prospect, Nick Lodolo has already been confirmed to be a part of the club's starting rotation, which bodes well for his 2022 NL Rookie of the Year campaign.
Lodolo was as reliable as they come in 13 combined Double-A and Triple-A starts last season, finishing with 2.31 ERA, 0.967 WHIP and 13.9 strikeouts per nine innings. He also looked like a pro throughout his Spring Training appearances, leaving the Reds confident that he won't have any issues transitioning to the MLB level.
There's a lot of value to have by picking Lodolo to finish as the NL Rookie of the Year at +4000 odds. With how mature he's already looked on the mound this Spring, it's better to snag those odds now because they're bound to improve as the season continues.
Best Bet: Nick Lodolo, Cincinnati Reds (+4000)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.