New Mexico vs Air Force Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 10 (Lobos Shine on Offense at Clune Arena)
New Mexico vs Air Force Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- New Mexico (19-5, 6-5 MWC) vs. Air Force (12-13, 3-9 MWC)
- Date: Friday, February 10, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Clune Arena -- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Friday with an exciting matchup between the New Mexico Lobos and Air Force Falcons. New Mexico has now dropped three of its last four games thanks to a 77-76 loss to Nevada on Tuesday. Jamal Mashburn Jr. racked up a team-high 21 points.
Meanwhile, Air Force enters Friday on a six-game losing streak that includes a 69-53 loss to Colorado State on Tuesday. The Falcons allowed the Rams to shoot 55.8% from the floor in the defeat. Beau Becker and Jake Heidbreder each scored 13 points. Which Mountain West team will win tonight?
New Mexico vs Air Force Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: N MEX: (-255) | AIRFOR: (+205)
- Spread: N MEX: -6.5 (-105) | AIRFOR: +6.5 (-115)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
New Mexico enters this contest as a notable road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
New Mexico vs Air Force Betting Trends
- New Mexico's record against the spread is 11-11-0.
- Against the spread as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Lobos are 5-4.
- Out of 22 New Mexico's games so far this season, 15 have hit the over.
- Air Force's record against the spread is 15-10-0.
- Against the spread as 6.5-point underdogs or greater, the Falcons are 4-3.
- Air Force has played 25 games this season, and 13 of them have hit the over.
|New Mexico Rank||New Mexico AVG||Air Force AVG||Air Force Rank|
New Mexico vs Air Force Prediction & Pick
The Lobos have found themselves ranked in the AP Poll on and off during the last few months thanks to an offense that averages 80.9 points per game (No. 15 in NCAA). It's their defense that has caused a few losses as of late. New Mexico is allowing an average of 82.0 points over its last five showdowns.
The Lobos have a shot to bounce back against a familiar team. These teams met on Jan. 27 in what was an 81-73 win for New Mexico. New Mexico gained 26 trips to the free throw line, which is typical of an Air Force opponent. The Falcons commit 17.0 personal fouls per game (T-No. 186 in NCAA).
New Mexico is 4-1 straight up in its last five games against Air Force, so trust the Lobos on the road.
Final Score Prediction: New Mexico: 78 | Air Force: 67
New Mexico vs Air Force Best Bet
New Mexico has proven both this season and in the past that it is a team that isn't afraid to play on the road. The Lobos are 4-3 against the spread (ATS) in away games this year and 4-1 ATS in their last five away games against the Falcons. They have shot a reliable 48.4% on the road (No. 11 in NCAA).
Air Force has lost five of its last six home games outright and has not been able to take advantage of having the crowd cheering in its favor. The Falcons are averaging only 66.4 points per game on the season (No. 285 in NCAA), so seeing them to keep up with the Lobos' offense would be surprising.
Bet: New Mexico Lobos -6.5 (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.