Nets vs. Wizards Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: YES and NBCS-DC
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with 13 more games, including a battle between the Washington Wizards and Brooklyn Nets. The Wizards enter off a 142-127 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday. Kyle Kuzma finished with 23 points, 9 assists and 8 rebounds in that one.
Meanwhile, the Nets took down the Orlando Magic by a score of 109-102 on Monday. Kevin Durant paved the way with a season-high 45 points (19-of-24 shooting) to go along with 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Nic Claxton chipped win with his eighth double-double of the year (17 points & 13 rebounds).
Nets vs. Wizards Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BKN: (-200) | WAS: (+168)
- Spread: BKN: -5 (-110) | WAS: +5 (-110)
- Total: 229.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Nets enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 229.5 points, which is above average compared to the rest of Wednesday's projected totals.
Nets vs. Wizards Betting Trends
- The Nets have covered the spread in a matchup 10 times this season (10-11-0).
- This year, the Wizards have just one against the spread win in three games as an underdog of 6 points or more.
- This season, eight of the Nets' games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- Wizards games this year have gone over the total in nine of 19 opportunities (47.4%).
- When playing at home, Brooklyn sports a worse record against the spread (4-6-0) compared to its ATS record in away games (6-5-0).
- Against the spread, Washington has had better results away (4-4-0) than at home (5-5-1).
Nets vs. Wizards Prediction & Pick
The Nets are starting to find their groove with a core of Durant, Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons. They have won five of their last seven games and lead the NBA in shooting percentage (49.8%). Brooklyn has a perfect chance to keep their success going given Washington's recent defensive struggles.
The Wizards have allowed an average of 122.3 points over their last three games and rank 29th in defensive efficiency during that span. Seeing them suddenly turn that around at the Barclays Center would be surprising. When these two teams met on Nov. 4, the Nets cruised to a 128-86 victory.
Brooklyn is 4-2 straight up in its last six games against Washington, so I'll side with the Nets.
Final Score Prediction: Nets: 119 | Wizards: 104
Nets vs. Wizards Best Bet
Ben Simmons has been ruled out tonight due to a knee injury. However, it shouldn't matter much as he didn't play against the Wizards during the first head-to-head meeting, either. It was Durant (28 points, 11 assists & 9 rebounds) that torched Washington's defense. Expect more of the same here.
Washington is a dismal 1-5-1 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games and two of its last three losses have come by at least 6 points. On the other side, three of Brooklyn's last four wins have come by at least 6 points. The Nets allow an opposing shooting percentage of just 44.4% (No. 1 in NBA).
Bet: Brooklyn Nets -5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.