Nets vs. Cavaliers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 23 ( Cavaliers Continue Hot Streak)
Nets vs. Cavaliers Game Info
- Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: YES and BSOH
The Cleveland Cavaliers come into this matchup winners of seven of their last nine matchups, including a win on Tuesday against these very same Brooklyn Nets. The Nets, on the other hand, have lost four in a row coming into Thursday's action.
Nets vs. Cavaliers Odds & Spread
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Despite being the home team on Thursday night, Brooklyn is the underdog in this matchup. This game also has the lowest over/under of the NBA slate tonight at 219 points.
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
Nets vs. Cavaliers Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers have put together a record of 37-30-4 against the spread this season.
- The Nets have been underdogs by 3.5 points or more 15 times this season and are 11-4 ATS in those matchups.
- Cavaliers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 35 times out of 69 chances this season.
- The Nets have hit the over 43.5% of the time this year (30 of 69 games with a set point total).
- At home, Cleveland sports a better record against the spread (21-12-2) compared to its ATS record in away games (16-18-2).
- This year, Brooklyn is 17-16-0 at home against the spread (.515 winning percentage). On the road, it is 20-16-0 ATS (.556).
Nets vs. Cavaliers Prediction & Pick
Given the way these two teams are playing right now, Cleveland should stay hot and grab its second consecutive win over Brooklyn. Donovan Mitchell had a big game with 31 points on Tuesday and could be in for a similar outing on Thursday as well. The Cavs rank as the No. 1 defense in the NBA while the Nets have had trouble scoring as of late, falling below 110 points in four straight games. Expect those trends to continue and for Cleveland to prevail behind its elite defense.
Prediction: Cavaliers 110 | Nets 103
Nets vs. Cavaliers Best Bet
Nic Claxton is normally a great rebounder, but he has struggled against the twin towers that Cleveland has in its frontcourt (Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen). While Claxton averages 9.2 rebounds per game on the season, he's managed only 12 total in his two games against the Cavs this year. As such, we'll bank on him going under this total for the third straight matchup versus Cleveland.
Bet: Nic Claxton Under 9.5 Rebounds (-130)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.