NC State vs Clemson Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 9 ACC Tournament (Wolfpack Tame Tigers)
NC State vs Clemson Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball ACC Tournament Game
- NC State (23-9, 12-8 ACC) vs. Clemson (22-9, 14-6 ACC)
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Time: 9:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Coverage: ESPN Networks
The ACC Tournament continues with its quarterfinal round on Thursday, which includes an intriguing matchup between No. 3 seed Clemson and No. 6 seed NC State. The Wolfpack crushed Virginia Tech on Wednesday, 97-77, to advance to the quarterfinals and a date with the Tigers, who earned a bye as one of the top four seeds in the conference.
Will NC State keep rolling with another win on Thursday? Or will Clemson come out on top and clinch a berth in the semifinals?
NC State vs Clemson Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NC ST: (-154) | CLEM: (+128)
- Spread: NC ST: -3.5 (-102) | CLEM: +3.5 (-120)
- Total: 147.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Despite Clemson having more rest and the better seed, it's NC State that's favored here on the spread and moneyline. FanDuel Sportsbook also gives this game one of the higher projected totals of the day at 147.5 points.
NC State vs Clemson Betting Trends
- Against the spread, NC State is 17-15-0 this year.
- The Wolf Pack are 8-10 as 3.5-point favorites or more.
- NC State has played 32 games this season, and 17 of them have hit the over.
- Clemson has 15 wins in 31 games against the spread this season.
- As 3.5-point underdogs or greater, the Tigers are 3-3 against the spread.
- There have been 20 Clemson games (out of 31) that hit the over this season.
|NC State Rank||NC State AVG||Clemson AVG||Clemson Rank|
NC State vs Clemson Prediction & Pick
This matchup is pretty even. NC State actually had the slightly better record during the regular season (23-9 vs 22-9), but Clemson had the superior record against conference opponents (14-6 vs 12-8).
Even so, the Wolfpack appear to be the superior team on paper. They had one of the best offensive attacks in the country this year, ranking 30th in points per game with 78.9. The Tigers ranked second at 75.5 PPG, so there's a fairly significant difference there.
KenPom has NC State as the better defensive team as well, ranking them 43rd in adjusted defensive rating with Clemson at No. 65.
The Tigers did beat the Wolfpack by double digits in both of their regular-season matchups, so this won't be an easy matchup for NC State by any means. That said, the Wolfpack are flying high after their huge win over Virginia Tech yesterday and didn't have to extend their starters, which means they'll be all fired up and ready to go against a Clemson team that hasn't played since Saturday.
Final Score Prediction: NC State: 77 | Clemson: 74
NC State vs Clemson Best Bet
Even though we like NC State to win outright, we also like Clemson to cover. The Tigers dominated the Wolfpack twice during the regular season, so that has to count for something. Clemson could easily win again or at least keep the game close, especially after getting extra time off to prepare.
Taking the points with the better seed tends to be a wise strategy and could be profitable in this case, especially with NC State needing to win by multiple possessions to cover.
Bet: Clemson Tigers +3.5 (-120)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.