The Super Bowl is one of the best days of the year to be a sports bettor. Bettors can wager on just about everything, including the length of the national anthem. Believe it or not, making that absurd bet has actually become something of a tradition among NFL fans.
National Anthem Over/Under
If you're looking to get in on the action this year, it always helps to beef up on your history. Here's a look at the recent history of the national anthem at the Super Bowl.
National Anthem Odds
This prop currently isn't available on FanDuel Sportsbook. But most other sites seem to have set the over/under for the national anthem length at around over/under 95 seconds (1:35).
National Anthem History
Here's a look at the results from the last 15 national anthems during the big game, according to Oddshark:
- Billy Joel in Super Bowl 41 – 1:30 – UNDER
- Jordin Sparks in Super Bowl 42 – 1:54 – OVER
- Jennifer Hudson in Super Bowl 43 – 2:10 – OVER
- Carrie Underwood in Super Bowl 44 – 1:47 – OVER
- Christina Aguilera in Super Bowl 45 – 1:53 – UNDER
- Kelly Clarkson in Super Bowl 46 – 1:34 – PUSH
- Alicia Keys in Super Bowl 47 – 2:36 – OVER
- Renee Fleming in Super Bowl 48 – 2:03 – UNDER
- Idina Menzel in Super Bowl 49 – 2:04 – OVER
- Lady Gaga in Super Bowl 50 – 2:22 – OVER
- Luke Bryan in Super Bowl 51 – 2:04 – UNDER
- P!nk in Super Bowl 52 – 1:52 – UNDER
- Gladys Knight in Super Bowl 53 – 2:01 – OVER
- Demi Lovato in Super Bowl 54 – 1:49 – UNDER
- Jazmine Sullivan & Eric Church in Super Bowl 55 – 2:17 – OVER
Mickey Guyton National Anthem History
Mickey Guyton is going to be singing the national anthem this year. We've seen Guyton sing the national anthem a few times, finishing in 90 seconds at the Memorial Day Concert last year and under 90 seconds again at the Country Radio Seminar back in 2015, according to BetSided.
National Anthem Bets & Trends
Recent history certainly points toward the over. We've only seen the national anthem completed in under 95 seconds twice in the last 15 years. The over has also cashed in two of the last three years and four of the last seven. All told, the over has hit in eight of the last 15 years.
But Guyton's history paints a much different picture. Guyton clocked in at 90 seconds or faster in both of her performances, and she doesn't seem like the type of singer who will chew the scenery the way an Alicia Keys or Lady Gaga did.
It might cut it close, but I think the under is the right side here.
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Max Staley is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Max Staley also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username mstaley1212. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.