MLB All-Star Game Records: All-Time Records, Longest Game, Best Individual Game Performances and More
The 2021 MLB All-Star Game rosters and starting lineups have been set as baseball fans turn their eyes on Coors Field in Denver, Colo., for the Midsummer Classic.
With this year's All-Star Game taking place at a hitter's paradise in Coors Field, fans are gearing up to watch some impressive performances this year. The American League squad has won seven consecutive All-Star Games and looks to build that streak to eight in 2021.
Will the 2021 All-Star Game break any longstanding records? Let's take a look at some all-time MLB All-Star Game records, including all-time team records, longest game and more.
MLB All-Star Game All-Time Head-To-Head Record
The American League has dominated the National League in All-Star games since 2000. The AL is 17-3 against the NL in All-Star Games played since 2000.
In total, the American League holds a slight series edge, 45-43-2.
Longest MLB All-Star Game
Two games highlight as the longest MLB All-Star Games ever played. In 2008, the ASG shattered the longest game by time record after going a 4 hours 50 minutes. The game went into the 15th inning before the American League triumphed, 4-3, in extra innings. 15 innings marks the longest All-Star Game in history in terms of innings played. This number was matched by the 1967 All-Star Game at Anaheim Stadium.
Single All-Star Game Hitting Records
All-Star Game Record for RBIs
- All-Star Game Record for RBIs: Al Rosen, Ted Williams (5)
- All-Star Game Record for Runs Scored: Ted Williams (4)
- All-Star Game Record for Hits: Joe Medwick, Ted Williams, Carl Yastrzemski (4)
- All-Star Game Record for Home Runs: Gary Carter, Willie McCovey, Al Rosen, Arky Vaughan, Ted Williams (2)
- All-Star Game Record for Inside-the-Park Home Runs: Ichiro Suzuki (1)
- All-Star Game Record for Grand Slams: Fred Lynn (1)
- All-Star Game Record for Doubles: Ernie Banks, Barry Bonds, Ted Kluszewski, Paul Konerko, Joe Medwick, Damian Miller, Albert Pujols, Al Simmons (2)
- All-Star Game Record for Triples: Rod Carew (2)
- All-Star Game Record for Walks: Phil Cavarretta, Charlie Gehringer (3)
- All-Star Game Record Total bases: Ted Williams (10)
Single All-Star Game Pitching Records
- All-Star Game Record for Runs Allowed: Atlee Hammaker (7)
- All-Star Game Record for Earned Runs Allowed: Atlee Hammaker (7)
- All-Star Game Record for Hits Allowed: Tom Glavine (9)
- All-Star Game Record for Home Runs Allowed: Jim Palmer (3)
- All-Star Game Record for Innings Pitched: Lefty Gomez (6.0 IP)
- All-Star Game Record for Strikeouts: Carl Hubbell, Larry Jansen, Ferguson Jenkins, Johnny Vander Meer (6)
- All-Star Game Record for Consecutive Strikeouts: Carl Hubbell, Fernando Valenzuela (5)
Most All-Star Game MVP Awards
Willie Mays, Steve Garvey, Gary Carter, Cal Ripken, Jr. and Mike Trout have each won the award two different times.
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Adam Taylor McKillop is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Adam Taylor also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username atmckillop. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.