Michigan vs Ohio State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 5 (Defenses Shine in Big Ten Rivalry Game)
Michigan vs Ohio State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Michigan (12-10, 6-5 Big Ten) vs. Ohio State (11-11, 3-8 Big Ten)
- Date: Sunday, February 5, 2023
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Crisler Center -- Ann Arbor, Michigan
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Sunday with an exciting matchup between the Ohio State Buckeyes and Michigan Wolverines. Ohio State has now dropped eight of its last nine games following a 65-60 loss to Wisconsin on Thursday. Zed Key posted 12 points and 9 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Michigan took care of business in a 68-51 crushing of Northwestern on Thursday. Kobe Bufkin logged a double-double (15 points & 12 rebounds), while Hunter Dickinson chipped in with a team-high 19 points. Which Big Ten squad will emerge victorious in a rivalry battle on Sunday?
Michigan vs Ohio State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MICH: (-178) | OHIOST: (+146)
- Spread: MICH: -3.5 (-110) | OHIOST: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Michigan enters this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points, which is above average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Michigan vs Ohio State Betting Trends
- Michigan is 10-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wolverines are 5-7 as 2.5-point favorites or more.
- Michigan has seen 12 of its 22 games hit the over.
- Ohio State has covered the spread eight times in 22 games.
- The Buckeyes are winless ATS (0-6) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year.
- There have been 12 Ohio State games (out of 22) that hit the over this year.
|Michigan Rank||Michigan AVG||Ohio State AVG||Ohio State Rank|
Michigan vs Ohio State Prediction & Pick
Ohio State's record is not indicative of the talent on the roster. Only one of its last 10 losses has come by double-digits and its average scoring margin on the year sits at +8.3. Head coach Chris Holtmann's team has simply been unlucky, but a matchup against Michigan likely won't change that.
The Wolverines are 8-3 at home this season and average a reliable 73.6 points per game in front of their own fans. More importantly, Michigan only allows 65.6 points per home game on an opponent shooting mark of 39.5%. An ability to shine on both ends of the court will be on full display on Sunday.
Michigan is 15-5 straight up in its last 20 games in February. Now is the time to back the Wolverines.
Final Score Prediction: Michigan: 70 | Ohio State: 67
Michigan vs Ohio State Best Bet
Rivalry games in the Big Ten are always toss-ups, which makes shifting gears to the point total a better option here. Michigan's defensive dominance at home has already been mentioned, but keep in mind Ohio State allows an opponent shooting mark of just 41.1% on the season (No. 49 in NCAA).
The total has hit the under in five of Ohio State's last seven games overall as well as in five of its last six away games against Michigan. The under has also cashed in four of the Wolverines' last six games on a Sunday. Look for the defenses in this battle to step up with huge performances on Sunday.
Bet: Under 143.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.