Michigan State vs Buffalo Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Michigan State (8-4) vs. Buffalo (6-6)
- Date: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Venue: Jack Breslin Students Events Center -- East Lansing, Michigan
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Friday with a thrilling matchup between the Buffalo Bulls and Michigan State Spartans. Buffalo snapped its two-game losing streak with a 129-62 blowout win over SUNY Canton on Dec. 21. Devin Ceaser shined with 25 points (11-of-14 shooting).
Meanwhile, Michigan State took care of business in a 67-54 win over Oakland its last time out on Dec. 21. Senior Joey Hauser led the way with 16 points (6-of-9 shooting), 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Junior Mady Sissoko chipped in with 12 rebounds as the Spartans earned their third victory in a row.
Michigan State vs Buffalo Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MICHST: (-1700) | BUFF: (+890)
- Spread: MICHST: -15.5 (-105) | BUFF: +15.5 (-115)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-114) | Under: (-106)
Michigan State enters this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Michigan State vs Buffalo Betting Trends
- Michigan State has five wins in 12 games against the spread this season.
- As a 15.5-point favorite or greater, the Spartans have one win ATS (1-2) this season.
- Michigan State has played 12 games this year, and six of them have hit the over.
- Against the spread, Buffalo is 7-3-0 this season.
- The Bulls are yet to lose ATS (2-0) as a 15.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Buffalo has seen five of its 10 games hit the over.
|Michigan State Rank||Michigan State AVG||Buffalo AVG||Buffalo Rank|
Michigan State vs Buffalo Prediction & Pick
Buffalo has been up-and-down all season long. The Bulls enter with a 6-6 record and have won five of their last seven games. However, they have been blown out in both of their true road games this year. That includes an 84-64 loss to UConn on Nov. 15 and a 96-78 loss to West Virginia on Dec. 18.
Michigan State lines up as another tough road opponent as it has allowed an average of only 60.0 points on a 36.5% shooting percentage across five home games. The Spartans also allow only 15.4 free throw attempts per game at home, which limits scoring opportunities and comeback chances.
The Spartans are 10-0 straight up in their last 10 games against a Mid-American opponent. Give me the home team.
Final Score Prediction: Michigan State: 77 | Buffalo: 65
Michigan State vs Buffalo Best Bet
Seeing the point total for this game listed at 149.5 is surprising to say the least. Buffalo is averaging only 69.7 points per road game, while Michigan State is averaging only 68.8 points per home game. The Spartans have also held both of their last two opponents in home games to less than 55 points.
The total has hit the under in four of Michigan State's last five games overall as well as in four of Buffalo's last six away games. With how much the Bulls have struggled on the road, the Spartans may be able to take their foot off the pedal in the second half here. That makes the under more intriguing.
Bet: Under 149.5 Points (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.