Miami vs Duke Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 6 (Can the Blue Devils Pull Off a Season Sweep?)
Miami vs Duke Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 23 Miami (18-5, 9-4 ACC) vs. Duke (17-6, 8-4 ACC)
- Date: Monday, February 6, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Watsco Center -- Coral Gables, Florida
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Monday with an exciting matchup between the Duke Blue Devils and No. 23 Miami Hurricanes. Duke is coming off a thrilling 63-57 win over North Carolina on Saturday. Jeremy Roach led the way with 20 points (8-of-20 shooting) and 7 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Miami snuck past Clemson by a final score of 68-64 on Saturday. All five starters for the Hurricanes scored in double digits, led by Nijel Pack's 20 points. The team went 17-of-22 from the free throw line as well. Which ACC team will earn a crucial victory at the Watsco Center on Monday?
Miami vs Duke Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIAMI: (-160) | DUKE: (+132)
- Spread: MIAMI: -3.5 (-102) | DUKE: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Miami enters this contest as a small home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points, which is above average compared to Monday's projected totals.
Miami vs Duke Betting Trends
- Miami is 14-9-0 against the spread this year.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, the Hurricanes are 9-7 against the spread.
- Miami has played 23 games this year, and 10 of them have hit the over.
- Duke is 9-14-0 against the spread this year.
- The Blue Devils have no wins ATS (0-1) as a 2.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Duke has seen nine of its 23 games hit the over.
|Miami Rank||Miami AVG||Duke AVG||Duke Rank|
Miami vs Duke Prediction & Pick
These two teams met back on Jan. 21 at Cameron Indoor Stadium in what ended as a 68-66 win for the Blue Devils. Both squads shot poorly in that matchup, combining for a floor percentage of 37.6%. Don't expect Miami to experience those same struggles playing in front of a supportive home crowd.
The Hurricanes are averaging a reliable 82.2 points per home game (T-No. 30 in NCAA) and shooting 49.9% from the floor at the Watsco Center. Duke's defense has been superb this season, but it's still a defense that gives up 7.9 more points per game on the road than it does at home. It's vulnerable here.
Miami is also riding a 12-game home winning streak, so back the Hurricanes to get their revenge.
Final Score Prediction: Miami: 77 | Duke: 70
Miami vs Duke Best Bet
Duke was a 6-point home favorite when it took down Miami by just two points a few weeks ago, which is just one of a few reasons to back the Hurricanes tonight. The Blue Devils are 2-7 against the spread (ATS) in their last nine games overall and 3-14 ATS in their last 17 games against an ACC opponent.
Miami 11-3 ATS in its last 14 games against an ACC opponent and 4-1 ATS in its last five games against Duke. Keep in mind the Hurricanes have posted a +11.5 average scoring margin at home, too. Look for head coach Jim Larranaga's team to pull away in the second half with a few clutch buckets.
Bet: Miami Hurricanes -3.5 (-102)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.