The Thursday schedule in the MLB includes a matchup between the New York Mets and the Chicago Cubs.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's what you need to know.
Mets vs Cubs Game Info
- New York Mets (55-34) vs. Chicago Cubs (34-54)
- Date: Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Venue: Wrigley Field -- Chicago, Illinois
Mets vs Cubs Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYM: (-142) | CHC: (+120)
- Spread: NYM: -1.5 (+130) | CHC: +1.5 (-156)
- Total: 7.5 -- Over: (-120) | Under: (-102)
Mets vs Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Carlos Carrasco (9-4), and Keegan Thompson (7-3) answering the bell for the Chicago Cubs.
Mets vs Cubs Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Mets win (54.9%)
Mets vs Cubs Moneyline
- Chicago is the underdog, +120 on the moneyline, while New York is a -142 favorite despite being on the road.
Mets vs Cubs Spread
- The Mets are at the Cubs and are favored by 1.5 runs on the spread. The Mets are +130 to cover the runline, with the Cubs being -156.
Mets vs Cubs Over/Under
- The over/under for the Mets versus Cubs contest on July 14 has been set at 7.5, with -120 odds on the over and -102 odds on the under.
Mets vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The Mets have been chosen as favorites in 60 games this year and have walked away with the win 40 times (66.7%) in those games.
- This year, New York has won 26 of 36 games when listed as at least -142 or better on the moneyline.
- New York's games have gone over the total in 47 of their 91 opportunities.
- The Cubs have been the moneyline underdog 59 total times this season. They've finished 22-37 in those games.
- Chicago has a 15-23 record (winning only 39.5% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +120 or longer.
- Chicago has played in 88 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 40 times (40-43-5).