Memphis vs Tulane Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 11 AAC Tournament (Expect Fireworks at Dickies Arena)
Memphis vs Tulane Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball AAC Tournament Game
- Memphis (24-8, 13-5 AAC) vs. Tulane (20-10, 12-6 AAC)
- Date: Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Time: 5:30 PM ET
- Venue: Dickies Arena -- Fort Worth, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN2
The Memphis Tigers and Tulane Green Wave eye a spot in the AAC Tournament Championship Game when the rivals square off in NCAA college basketball action on Saturday, March 11.
Memphis advanced to the semifinals with an 81-76 win over UCF, which wouldn't have been possible without DeAndre Williams and Kendric Davis combining for 68 points. Meanwhile, Kevin Cross' team-high 24 points helped push Tulane to an 82-76 victory against Wichita State less than 24 hours ago.
Memphis vs Tulane Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MEM: (-245) | TULANE: (+198)
- Spread: MEM: -5.5 (-120) | TULANE: +5.5 (-102)
- Total: 161.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Memphis enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 5:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 161.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Memphis vs Tulane Betting Trends
- Memphis has 18 wins in 32 games against the spread this year.
- The Tigers' ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 10-10.
- Memphis has played 32 games this season, and 18 of them have gone over the total.
- Tulane has 13 wins in 30 games against the spread this year.
- The Green Wave have one win ATS (1-2) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Tulane has seen 20 of its 30 games hit the over.
|Memphis Rank||Memphis AVG||Tulane AVG||Tulane Rank|
Memphis vs Tulane Prediction & Pick
This game features two of the best offenses in the country. Memphis averages 79.5 PPG (No. 18) while Tulane is slightly ahead with an 80.8 PPG clip (No. 11). The Tigers are the more accurate team, though. They shoot 48.1% from the floor (No. 16) and 34.9% from three (No. 136), whereas the Green Wave boast 46.7% field-goal (No. 45) and 34.4% three-point percentages (No. 160).
At the end of the day, this game will come to which side gets more stops. In that case, I like Memphis' odds. The Tigers know how to end possessions, proven by their averaging 35.5 rebounds per game (T-No. 107) while forcing turnovers on 20.6% of opposing possessions (No. 41).
With the defensive advantage on its side, expect Memphis to capitalize on Tulane's mistakes en route to victory.
Final Score Prediction: Memphis: 84 | Tulane: 80
Memphis vs Tulane Best Bet
Any fans of high-scoring affairs will love this game. On top of each boasting a top-20 offense, Memphis and Tulane tend to hit the over more often than not. For the Green Wave, the over is 5-1 in their last six games and 16-4 in their previous AAC tilts. Meanwhile, the over has hit in 56.3% of the Tigers' games this season.
Considering how Memphis and Tulane have averaged 182 points in their previous matchups this season, I'd be shocked if there weren't fireworks at Dickies Arena.
Bet: Over 161.5 Points (-105)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.