Maryland vs Michigan Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Maryland (11-6, 2-4 Big Ten) vs. Michigan (10-7, 4-2 Big Ten)
- Date: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Xfinity Center -- College Park, Maryland
Thursday, Jan. 19's NCAA college basketball schedule features a Big Ten battle between the Maryland Terrapins and Michigan Wolverines.
After losing back-to-back games to Michigan State and Iowa, Michigan bounced back with an 85-78 victory over Northwestern on Sunday. Meanwhile, Maryland has hit a bit of a rut, losing for the third time in the last for games with an 81-67 loss to Iowa over the weekend.
Can Michigan improve its Big Ten ranking with a victory tonight? Or will Maryland stand tall in front of a rowdy Xfinity Center crowd?
Maryland vs Michigan Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MD: (-140) | MICH: (+116)
- Spread: MD: -2.5 (-110) | MICH: +2.5 (-110)
- Total: 142.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Maryland enters this contest as the slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 142.5 points, which is somewhere around the middle of Thursday's totals.
Maryland vs Michigan Betting Trends
- Maryland's record against the spread is 9-8-0.
- The Terrapins' ATS record as 2.5-point favorites or more is 4-3.
- This year, five of Maryland's 17 games have gone over the point total.
- Michigan is 9-8-0 against the spread this year.
- The Wolverines have an ATS record of 3-2 as 2.5-point underdogs or greater.
- There have been 10 Michigan games (out of 17) that hit the over this year.
|Maryland Rank||Maryland AVG||Michigan AVG||Michigan Rank|
Maryland vs Michigan Prediction & Pick
Maryland hasn't played well lately, but that could change with a return to the Xfinity Center. The Terrapins are 8-1 at home this season, having not lost in their own arena since Dec. 11. They also allow only 62.9 PPG at home, playing a key role in their +12.6 scoring margin in College Park.
Michigan has come up short in each of its last two road games, averaging only 68.5 PPG in defeat. The Wolverines have also been playing sloppy basketball lately. They're averaging 13.7 turnovers over their last three games and coughed up the ball 18 times against Northwestern. Although Maryland only forces 12.4 turnovers per game (T-No. 221), that number increases to 13.3 at home.
A back-and-forth affair is expected tonight, however, Michigan's recent struggles open the door to Maryland remaining strong at home.
Final Score Prediction: Maryland: 74 | Michigan: 71
Maryland vs Michigan Best Bet
Considering how Michigan has won five straight games against Maryland, I'm looking toward the total for the best bet. The over has been a recurring theme for both sides. On top of the over is 6-3 in the Wolverines' last nine games, it's also 6-1 in the last seven Maryland-Michigan meetings.
With the over also being hit in each of the last five games between the Big Ten rivals at Xfinity Center, I'm confident that the two sides can combine for more than 142.5 points tonight.
Bet: Over 142.5 Points (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.