Vettori vs Whittaker Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC Fight Night: Paris — Co-Main Event Middleweight Bout
Marvin "The Italian Dream" Vettori (18-4-1, 2 KO's, 9 Submissions) vs. Robert "The Reaper" Whittaker (23-6-0, 10 KO's, 5 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 3, 2022
Fight Time: This will be one of the fights on the main card, which begins at 3 p.m. ET.
Venue: Accor Arena — Paris, France
Vettori vs Whittaker Odds & Betting Info
All UFC Paris odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Marvin Vettori: (+186)
- Robert Whittaker: (-245)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- Vettori by KO/TKO: (+1100)
- Vettori by Points: (+350)
- Vettori by Submission: (+900)
- Whittaker by KO/TKO: (+380)
- Whittaker by Points: (+100)
- Whittaker by Submission: (+2600)
Vettori vs Whittaker Prediction
UFC Paris Vettori-Whittaker prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Robert Whittaker (82%)
Method of Victory: Decision (88%)
Both of these fighters have a bone to pick with Israel Adesanya after losing out on the UFC Middleweight title. Only one of them can get closer to a rematch by winning this bout, though. The edge has to go to Whittaker when taking into consideration how his fighting style differs from Vettori.
Whittaker is a well-rounded fighter when on his feet, but is capable of being a grappler if needed. Meanwhile, Vettori is best known for his aggressive, wrestling-based style. If Whittaker can keep this fight upright, he'll have the opportunity to weaken Vettori with one jab after another in a decisive victory.
I'll take Whittaker to win by points (+100) here.
Vettori vs Whittaker Betting Trends & Stats
- Marvin Vettori defeated Paulo Costa, by unanimous decision, in his most recent fight on Oct. 23, 2021.
- Robert Whittaker lost to Israel Adesanya, by unanimous decision, in his most recent fight on Feb. 12, 2022.
- Vettori averages 4.35 significant strikes landed per minute with a 45% accuracy rate.
- Whittaker averages 4.45 significant strikes landed per minute with a 42% accuracy rate.
- Vettori averages 3.48 significant strikes absorbed per minute with an 59% defense rate.
- Whittaker averages 3.32 significant strikes absorbed per minute with an 60% defense rate.
- Vettori averages 2.04 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Whittaker has an 83% takedown defense rate.
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.