Marquette vs Xavier Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 11 Big East Championship (Offenses Tone it Down in NYC)
Marquette vs Xavier Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big East Tournament Championship
- No. 6 Marquette (27-6, 17-3 Big East) vs. No. 15 Xavier (25-8, 15-5 Big East)
- Date: Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Venue: Madison Square Garden -- New York City, New York
- Coverage: FOX
The No. 6 Marquette Golden Eagles and No. 15 Xavier Musketeers collide in the Big East Tournament Championship Game at 6:30 p.m. ET. on Saturday, March 11.
Marquette's semifinal matchup with No. 11 UConn came down to the wire, but the Golden Eagles pulled through in the end with a 70-68 victory. Meanwhile, Xavier's last outing wasn't as close, notching an 82-60 blowout win over No. 24 Creighton.
Which Big East team will win its first conference championship its program's history?
Marquette vs Xavier Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MARQ: (-130) | XAVIER: (+108)
- Spread: MARQ: -1.5 (-120) | XAVIER: +1.5 (-102)
- Total: 153.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Marquette enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 157.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Marquette vs Xavier Betting Trends
- Marquette has 20 wins in 33 games against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Golden Eagles are 13-10.
- Out of 33 Marquette's games so far this season, 17 have gone over the total.
- Xavier has covered the spread 18 times in 33 games.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Musketeers are 7-3.
- Xavier has seen 21 of its 33 games go over the point total.
|Marquette Rank||Marquette AVG||Xavier AVG||Xavier Rank|
Marquette vs Xavier Prediction & Pick
Two of the country's top offensive teams are set to collide as Marquette and Xavier are both top-13 programs when it comes to points per game and field-goal percentage. The Musketeers do have the advantage on the perimeter, where they hit 40.0% of three-point attempts (No. 3) compared to the Golden Eagles' 35.1% success rate (No. 119).
Having said that, Marquette proved that it could contain Xavier's offense in a 69-68 victory just last month. The Golden Eagles have now won seven of their last 10 meetings with the Musketeers and I don't see that trend changing tonight. Marquette is a perfect 15-0 as the favorite in Big East competition this season, coming up big when it counts the most.
Xavier won't make life easy, but Marquette has the tools to be the last Big East team standing.
Final Score Prediction: Marquette: 76 | Xavier: 73
Marquette vs Xavier Best Bet
While both sides are offensively gifted, I'm siding with the under on the 153.5-point total as the best bet. After all, the under is 4-1 in the last five Marquette-Xavier matchups, seeing an average of 141.6 points scored. After combining for just 137 points in their last meeting, I'm erring on the side of caution by taking the under.
Bet: Under 153.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.