Marquette vs St. John's (NY) Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Marquette (11-4, 3-1 Big East) vs. St. John's (NY) (11-4, 1-3 Big East)
- Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Venue: Carnesecca Arena -- Queens, New York
Tuesday's slate of NCAA college basketball action includes a BIG EAST battle between the Marquette Golden Eagles and St. John's Red Storm.
St. John's enters this matchup having lost three straight, including a 88-66 New Year's Eve blowout at the hands of Seton Hall. Marquette topped Seton Hall at home and then Villanova on the road in their last two contests.
Marquette vs St. John's (NY) Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MARQ: (-152) | STJOHN: (+126)
- Spread: MARQ: -2.5 (-114) | STJOHN: +2.5 (-106)
- Total: 156.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Marquette is a clear favorite in this matchup, despite playing on the road. They hold -152 odds on the moneyline and are favored by 2.5 points on the spread. The over/under for this matchup sits at 156.5 points.
Marquette vs St. John's (NY) Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Marquette is 10-5-0 this season.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, the Golden Eagles are 5-4 against the spread.
- Marquette has played 15 games this year, and eight of them have hit the over.
- St. John's (NY) has beaten the spread six times in 14 games.
- The Red Storm are winless ATS (0-3) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year.
- There have been six St. John's (NY) games (out of 14) that went over the total this season.
|Marquette Rank||Marquette AVG||St. John's (NY) AVG||St. John's (NY) Rank|
Marquette vs St. John's (NY) Prediction & Pick
St. John's has been a mess since BIG EAST play officially opened at the end of December. They stole an early conference win against DePaul at the start of the month but have dropped three straight BIG EAST matchups starting on Dec. 21.
Playing at home, this game should stay relatively close, but St. John's hasn't been able to generate enough defense to stop a strong Marquette attack.
Marquette ranks third in the conference at 81.5 points and has four players averaging double figures in Kam Jones (16.1 ppg), Olivier-Maxence Prosper (14.1 ppg), Oso Ighodaro (11.5 ppg) and David Joplin (10.4 ppg).
Don't expect the Red Storm, who have been allowing 83.3 points per game to opponents during this losing streak, to slow the Golden Eagles down.
Final Score Prediction: Marquette 85 | St. John's 80
Marquette vs St. John's (NY) Best Bet
Marquette has dominated the spread of late. They've gone 4-1 against the spread in their last five games overall, and 3-1 ATS on the road.
Bet: Marquette -2.5 (-114)
Adam Taylor McKillop is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Adam Taylor also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username atmckillop. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.