Marquette vs Providence Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 20 Marquette (14-5, 6-2 Big East) vs. No. 22 Providence (14-4, 6-1 Big East)
- Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Fiserv Forum -- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 22 Providence Friars and No. 20 Marquette Golden Eagles. Providence is coming off a 73-67 loss to Creighton on Saturday. Bryce Hopkins led the Friars with 20 points, 10 rebounds and 2 assists.
Meanwhile, Marquette fell just short in an 80-76 loss to Xavier on Sunday. The defeat snapped a five-game winning streak for the Golden Eagles. Tyler Kolek balled out with 25 points (11-of-18 shooting) and 7 assists. The team grabbed only 32 rebounds, though, while the Musketeers totaled 45 boards.
Marquette vs Providence Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MARQ: (-365) | PROV: (+285)
- Spread: MARQ: -8.5 (-102) | PROV: +8.5 (-120)
- Total: 150.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Marquette enters this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 150.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Marquette vs Providence Betting Trends
- Marquette is 13-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Golden Eagles have an ATS record of 5-4 as 5.5-point favorites or more.
- Marquette has seen 11 of its 19 games go over the point total.
- Providence's record against the spread is 11-7-0.
- The Friars have two wins ATS (2-1) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this season.
- There have been 10 Providence games (out of 18) that went over the total this year.
|Marquette Rank||Marquette AVG||Providence AVG||Providence Rank|
Marquette vs Providence Prediction & Pick
The competition in the Big East this season is on a whole other level. Eight of the 11 teams own an overall winning record and four of those teams are ranked in the AP Poll's Top 25. Of course, that includes both Providence and Marquette. One squad will earn a valuable conference win tonight.
I like that squad to be Marquette. The Golden Eagles are 10-1 straight up in their 11 home games this season and have posted an average scoring margin of +15.7 in those contests. They are shooting a reliable 52.5% from the floor at Fiserv Forum, too (No. 8 in NCAA). Fading those trends seems wrong.
Marquette is also 12-3 straight up in its last 15 home games against Providence, so I'll side with the Golden Eagles.
Final Score Prediction: Marquette: 79 | Providence: 73
Marquette vs Providence Best Bet
Marquette has been dominant at home, but this is too many points to be giving a Providence team that has won nine of its last 10 games. It's worth noting the Friars took down the Golden Eagles by a score of 103-98 back on Dec. 20. They have more than enough firepower to keep up on the road.
Providence is 9-1 against the spread (ATS) in its last 10 games overall and 5-0 ATS in its last five away games. The Friar's average scoring margin on the road sits at +2.6 and the mentality head coach Ed Cooley's instills is a big reason why. He has built a group of players that battle on every possession.
Bet: Providence Friars +8.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.