Marquette vs Georgetown Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 11 (Golden Eagles' Defense Steps Up on the Road)
Marquette vs Georgetown Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 10 Marquette (19-6, 11-3 Big East) vs. Georgetown (6-19, 1-13 Big East)
- Date: Saturday, February 11, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Venue: Capital One Arena -- Washington D.C.
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Saturday with an exciting matchup between the No. 10 Marquette Golden Eagles and Georgetown Hoyas. Marquette saw its five-game winning streak snapped with an 87-72 loss to UConn on Tuesday. Guard Tyler Kolek logged 17 points and 4 assists.
Meanwhile, Georgetown saw its losing streak grow to four game thanks to a 74-62 loss to Providence on Wednesday. Bradley Ezewiro scored a team-high 19 points off the bench, but the Hoyas shot only 40.0% overall and 20.0% from three-point range. Which Big East team will earn a valuable win today?
Marquette vs Georgetown Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MARQ: (-630) | GTOWN: (+450)
- Spread: MARQ: -10.5 (-110) | GTOWN: +10.5 (-110)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Marquette enters this contest as a clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points, which is above average compared to Saturday's projected totals.
Marquette vs Georgetown Betting Trends
- Marquette is 16-9-0 against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 10.5-point favorites or more, the Golden Eagles are 3-4.
- Marquette has played 25 games this season, and 14 of them have gone over the total.
- Georgetown's record against the spread is 12-13-0.
- The Hoyas are 8-2 as 10.5-point underdogs or more.
- This year, 14 of Georgetown's 25 games have hit the over.
|Marquette Rank||Marquette AVG||Georgetown AVG||Georgetown Rank|
Marquette vs Georgetown Prediction & Pick
This one lines up as a mismatch. Georgetown sits in last place in the Big East with a 1-13 conference record and Marquette checks in second with an 11-3 record. The Hoyas' average scoring margin ranks 300th in the country (-6.3), while the Golden Eagles' mark ranks all the way up at 17th (+10.4).
The Golden Eagles have proven time and time again that they should not be underestimated. They have climbed up the AP Poll rankings behind an offense that 80.9 points per game (No. 14 in NCAA) and a defense that forces 16.2 turnovers per game (No. 17 in NCAA). Marquette is simply balanced.
Marquette has won six of its last seven games against Georgetown, so back the road team here.
Final Score Prediction: Marquette: 80 | Georgetown: 66
Marquette vs Georgetown Best Bet
Marquette plays an aggressive style of defense that results in turnovers and contested shots. It's a style that has resulted in an opponent two-point shooting percentage of 47.6% on the road. Prior to Tuesday's loss, the Golden Eagles had allowed less than 69 points in each of their last four games.
In terms of Georgetown's offense, the Hoyas are averaging 70.9 points per home game. However, that mark drops down to 60.8 when looking at their most recent five home games. Head coach Patrick Ewing's squad only shoots 43.4% on the season, so don't expect the offense to suddenly ball out.
Bet: Georgetown Hoyas Under 69.5 Points (-116)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.