Magic vs. Knicks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 23 (Knicks Continue Dominance in Orlando)
Magic vs. Knicks Game Info
- Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- Coverage: NBA TV, BSFL, and MSG
The New York Knicks are coming off a tough loss to the Miami Heat on Wednesday but now head to Orlando. Based on how many Knicks fans pack Amway Center every time these two teams play, it feels almost like a home game for New York.
Magic vs. Knicks Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
The Knicks are the favorites here over the lowly Magic as New York fights for a top-4 seed in the playoffs and Orlando is in the running for the No. 1 overall pick.
Magic vs. Knicks Betting Trends
- The Knicks are 39-30-1 against the spread this season.
- The Magic are 29-15-2 ATS when underdogs by 3 points or more this year.
- Knicks games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 37 times out of 69 chances this season.
- Magic games this year have gone over the point total 35 times in 69 opportunities (50.7%).
- New York has done a better job covering the spread when playing on the road (23-12-0) than it has in home games (16-18-1).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Orlando has a lower winning percentage at home (.559, 19-15-0 record) than on the road (.571, 20-13-2).
Magic vs. Knicks Prediction & Pick
The Knicks are coming off two tough losses against the Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves, but prior to that had three impressive wins against the Los Angeles Lakers, Portland Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets. These two teams have played twice so far this season with New York winning both.
I expect that same outcome on Thursday night. Orlando has no answer for Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle -- who scored a career-high 57 points against Minnesota earlier this week -- could pose major problems for rookie Paolo Banchero.
Prediction: Knicks 110 | Magic 97
Magic vs. Knicks Best Bet
Much was made about RJ Barrett's struggles to start the season, but much like last year, he has turned it on in the second half. His three-point shooting has been inconsistent this season, but he's made multiple triples in back-to-back games. He's also shot well against Orlando this year, draining three three-pointers in both games and shooting 40% from downtown.
With Jalen Suggs out, the Magic will be shorthanded on the wing tonight, which will help Barrett have a repeat performance.
Bet: RJ Barrett Over 1.5 3-Pointers Made (-113)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.