Magic vs. Spurs Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 23, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- Coverage: BSFL and BSSW
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with 14 more games, including a battle between Orlando Magic and San Antonio Spurs. The Magic rank 13th in the Eastern Conference with a 12-21 record, while the Spurs check in 14th in the Western Conference with a disappointing 10-21 record.
Orlando enters as a victor in seven of its last eight games after it took down the Houston Rockets by a score of 116-110 on Wednesday. Meanwhile, San Antonio have dropped three of its last four games following a 126-117 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Thursday. Which team will win on Friday?
Magic vs. Spurs Odds & Spread
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ORL: (-290) | SAS: (+235)
- Spread: ORL: -7 (-110) | SAS: +7 (-110)
- Total: 227 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Magic enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227 points, which is about average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Magic vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- The Magic are 18-11-2 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, the Spurs have been installed as underdogs by a 7-point margin or more 15 times and are 5-10 ATS in those games.
- Magic games have gone over the total 15 times out of 30 chances this season.
- Spurs games this season have hit the over on 15 of 30 set point totals (50%).
- Orlando has covered the spread in a higher percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered 11 times in 15 opportunities at home, and it has covered seven times in 16 opportunities on the road.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, San Antonio has a better winning percentage at home (.412, 7-10-0 record) than on the road (.385, 5-8-0).
Magic vs. Spurs Prediction & Pick
Both of these teams entered the season dubbed as "rebuilding" squads, but only one seems to be improving with the young players on the roster. That would be the Magic. Rookie Paolo Banchero is the team's leading scorer at 21.9 points per game and also leads Orlando in assists per game (4.0).
The Duke product's recent play is a big reason why the Magic have won seven of their last eight games. It helps that Orlando averages a reliable 51.8 rebounds per game on the year, too (No. 12 in NBA). On the other side, San Antonio racks up only 49.7 rebounds per away game (No. 21 in NBA).
The Spurs have won just two of their last 11 away games, so I'll back the Magic with confidence.
Final Score Prediction: Magic: 123 | Spurs: 110
Magic vs. Spurs Best Bet
This one is not too hard to figure out. The Magic are a stellar 5-0 against the spread (ATS) in their last five home games and 9-0 ATS in their last nine games overall. The Spurs are just 4-12 ATS in their last 16 games and each of their last six losses have come by at least 8 points. This one screams blowout.
Orlando has allowed an average of just 109.3 points over its last three games (No. 9 in NBA) on a 44.3% shooting percentage (No. 7 in NBA). Those games came against three teams that greatly outrank the Spurs in terms of offensive output (Hawks, Celtics & Rockets). The defense is balling out.
Bet: Orlando Magic -7 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.