The EA Sports Madden NFL cover athlete reveal is one of the most fun storylines of any NFL offseason. Whether it's fans rooting for their favorite player to grace the cover, or praying they don't to avoid the "Madden Curse," fans around the league are highly invested in the yearly selection.
With that in mind, here's a look at every cover athlete in the history of the EA Sports Madden NFL franchise.
Madden Cover History
1. John Madden Football (1988) - Madden NFL '94: John Madden
2. Madden NFL '95: John Madden, Erik Williams, Karl Wilson
3. Madden NFL '96: John Madden
4. Madden NFL 97 — John Madden, Cary Brabham, Gordon Laro
5. Madden NFL 98: John Madden, Garrison Hearst
6. Madden NFL 99: John Madden
7. Madden NFL 2000: John Madden, Barry Sanders
8. Madden NFL 2001: Eddie George
This was the first year John Madden was not on the cover of the game.
9. Madden NFL 2002: Daunte Culpepper
10. Madden NFL 2003: Marshall Faulk
11. Madden NFL 2004: Michael Vick
12. Madden NFL 2005: Ray Lewis
13. Madden NFL 06: Donovan McNabb
14. Madden NFL 07: Shaun Alexander
15. Madden NFL 08: Vince Young
16. Madden NFL 09: Brett Favre
17. Madden NFL 10: Troy Polamalu, Larry Fitzgerald
18. Madden NFL 11: Drew Brees
19. Madden NFL 12: Peyton Hillis
20. Madden NFL 13: Calvin Johnson
21. Madden NFL 25: Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson
22. Madden NFL 15: Richard Sherman
23. Madden NFL 16: Odell Beckham Jr.
24. Madden NFL 17: Rob Gronkowski
25. Madden NFL 18: Tom Brady
26. Madden NFL 19: Antonio Brown
27. Madden NFL 20: Patrick Mahomes
28. Madden NFL 21: Lamar Jackson
29. Madden NFL 22: Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Jason Schandl is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Jason Schandl also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Jaymun. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.