LSU vs Georgia Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 8 SEC Tournament (LSU Makes a Statement)
LSU vs Georgia Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball SEC Tournament Game
- LSU (13-18, 2-16 SEC) vs. Georgia (16-15, 6-12 SEC)
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Venue: Bridgestone Arena -- Nashville, Tennessee
- Coverage: SEC Network
Both of these teams come in with losses piling up ahead of the SEC Tournament. In their last five outings, the LSU Tigers have lost four of them, and the Georgia Bulldogs have lost all five. LSU only won two games all season in the SEC, while Georgia wasn't much better with just six.
LSU vs Georgia Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LSU: (-128) | UGA: (+106)
- Spread: LSU: -1.5 (-114) | UGA: +1.5 (-106)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-102) | Under: (-120)
LSU vs Georgia Betting Trends
- LSU has 10 wins in 31 games against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Tigers are 3-8.
- LSU has played 31 games this year, and 14 of them have hit the over.
- Georgia has 11 wins in 30 games against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs' ATS record as 1.5-point underdogs or more is 7-11.
- This year, 15 of Georgia's 30 games have gone over the point total.
|LSU Rank||LSU AVG||Georgia AVG||Georgia Rank|
LSU vs Georgia Prediction & Pick
Georgia's offense has struggled in the last five, failing to top 67 points in any of those games. Granted, their opponents were better than the LSU team they will face on Wednesday, but even when they did play LSU earlier this season, they only scored 65 in a tight win. Over LSU's last five games, they have scored 69 or more points in four of them. I expect LSU's offense to win this day, lead by leading scorer KJ Williams, who had 18 against the Bulldogs last time out.
Prediction: LSU 78 | Georgia 71
LSU vs Georgia Best Bet
Going with a little bit of an unconventional bet this time around. The last two times these teams played, Georgia got seven more free throws than LSU, the problem is, they only shot 54 percent on those 26 free throws, while LSU shot 84 percent on its 19 free throws. The thing is, on the year, both teams shoot right around 72 percent with Georgia at 72.2 percent and LSU at 71.9 percent. The bet is to take Georgia to make the first free throw of the game, and you're getting it at plus money. The value here is probably based on Georgia's poor performance from the last time these two teams played, but the Bulldogs also earned way more opportunities.
Georgia ranks No. 6 in the entire nation in the percentage of points off free throws. They get to the line a lot and normally shoot a respectable percentage, certainly not 54 percent. I expect Georgia to get to the line early and often and shoot much closer to their season average this time around. Take advantage of the value and plus odds in a situation where they should probably be flipped.
Bet: Georgia to Make the First Free Throw of the Game (+100)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.