Lakers vs. Thunder Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 7 (Los Angeles Finds Success Against Weak OKC Defense)
Lakers vs. Thunder Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: TNT, SportsNet LA, and BSOK
LeBron James looks to inch closer to Kareem Abdul-Jabaar's scoring record when his Los Angeles Lakers (25-29) host the Oklahoma City Thunder (25-28) at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Feb. 4.
The Lakers look to reverse their fortunes after a 131-126 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans over the weekend. The Thunder are hungry for a win as well, though, after Monday's embarrassing 141-114 blowout loss to the Golden State Warriors.
Can the Lakers make up some ground in the playoff race with a victory? Or will the Thunder step up to secure a rare road win?
Lakers vs. Thunder Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKC: (+220) | LAL: (-270)
- Spread: OKC: +6.5 (-110) | LAL: -6.5 (-110)
- Total: 239 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Lakers enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 239 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Lakers vs. Thunder Betting Trends
- The Lakers are 24-26-2 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Thunder have an against-the-spread record of 8-2 in their 10 games as an underdog of 7 points or more.
- Lakers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 28 times out of 51 chances this season.
- Thunder games this season have hit the over on 29 of 51 set point totals (56.9%).
- In home games, Los Angeles sports a better record against the spread (12-11-1) compared to its ATS record in road games (12-15-1).
- This year, Oklahoma City is 17-9-0 at home against the spread (.654 winning percentage). Away, it is 14-10-1 ATS (.560).
Lakers vs. Thunder Prediction & Pick
Defense was nowhere to be found for the Thunder in their loss to the Warriors. Oklahoma City allowed Golden State to shoot 57.7% from the field and 42.9% from the three-point line while also getting outrebounded 45-36.
While the Lakers don't have the Warriors' three-point talent, they do have LeBron James and Anthony Davis, who can take advantage of any weak defense. LeBron has played fantastic lately, averaging 32.8 points, 8.8 rebounds and 7.8 assists over his last 10 games while Davis is putting up tallying a 26.8-point, 11.3-rebound double-double in his last nine.
The Lakers have also had a lot of success against the Thunder, winning 11 of the last 16 meetings — including three of the last four at crypto.com Arena. With the Thunder playing on less than 24 hours of rest and LeBron determined to make history and get his team back into the playoffs, look for the Lakers to find success at home.
Final Score Prediction: Lakers: 128 | Thunder: 122
Lakers vs. Thunder Best Bet
Even though I'm confident in the Lakers' ability to win, covering the 6.5-point spread is another story. Los Angeles is only 1-3 ATS in its last four games and only owns a plus-2.5 scoring margin at home (No. 18). On the other hand, the Thunder are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games and 16-10 ATS on the road so far this season.
With the Lakers also failing to cover the spread in eight of their last 12 games against the Thunder, I could see Oklahoma City keeping things closer than expected.
Bet: Thunder +6.5 (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.