Lakers vs. Knicks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 12 (New York Fails to Break Out of Slump)
Lakers vs. Knicks Game Info
- Date: Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: ESPN and SportsNet LA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with six more games, including a battle between the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers. The Knicks rank sixth in the Eastern Conference with a 39-30 record, while the Lakers check in ninth in the Western Conference with a subpar 33-34 record.
New York enters as a loser in each of its last three games following a 106-95 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday. Meanwhile, the Lakers have won four of their last five games thanks to a 122-112 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Friday.
Which playoff hopeful will earn a win on Sunday? Let's take a look.
Lakers vs. Knicks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAL: (-142) | NYK: (+120)
- Spread: LAL: -3 (-106) | NYK: +3 (-114)
- Total: 225.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Lakers enter this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 225.5 points, which is below average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Lakers vs. Knicks Betting Trends
- The Lakers have put together a 32-31-2 record against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Knicks have been installed as underdogs by a 2-point margin or more 27 times and are 16-10-1 ATS in those contests.
- Games involving the Lakers have hit the over 32 times this season.
- The Knicks have hit the over 52.3% of the time this year (34 of 65 games with a set point total).
- Los Angeles has done a better job covering the spread at home (17-14-1) than it has in road games (15-17-1).
- This year, New York is 15-17-1 at home against the spread (.455 winning percentage). Away, it is 21-11-0 ATS (.656).
Lakers vs. Knicks Prediction & Pick
The Knicks have endured a ton of ups and downs this season, with their recent stretch of play being one of those down periods. New York has seen its star player in Julius Randle go ice cold (18-of-63 in his last three games) and has also seen starting point guard Jalen Brunson suffer a foot injury.
Brunson did not play against the Clippers and reports indicate he is not expected to suit up tonight. That only helps the Lakers' chances of coming out on top here. LA has been on fire on the defensive side as of late, allowing an average of 106.7 points over its last three games (No. 1 in NBA).
LA has won five of its last seven games against New York, so back the home team.
Final Score Prediction: Lakers: 116 | Knicks: 109
Lakers vs. Knicks Best Bet
Nothing is working in the Knicks' favor when it comes to this game. New York is on the second night of a back-to-back and is about to play its third game in the last four nights. Fatigue could make a legitimate impact tonight.
The Knicks are 2-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last seven games against a Western Conference foe, while the Lakers are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games against an Eastern Conference opponent. LA is also 4-1 ATS in its last five games overall. Back the team with momentum to grab a comfortable home win.
Bet: Los Angeles Lakers -3 (-106)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.