Knicks vs. Trail Blazers Game Info
- Date: Friday, November 25, 2022
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: Madison Square Garden -- New York City, New York
- Coverage: ROOT Sports NW+ and MSG
Friday's full NBA slate includes a battle between the New York Knicks and Portland Trail Blazers. The Knicks won their most recent game, defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder, 129-119.
The Blazers, meanwhile, are feeling the absence of star guard Damian Lillard. Portland has dropped four straight contests.
Knicks vs. Trail Blazers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NY: (-172) | POR: (+144)
- Spread: NY: -3.5 (-110) | POR: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 218.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
New York enters this game as a slight favorite on the moneyline (-172) and spread (-3.5). The 218.5-point over/under is one of the lowest among Friday's matchups.
Knicks vs. Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- The Knicks have covered the spread seven times this season (7-10-0).
- This year, the Trail Blazers have an ATS record of 5-2 in their seven games as an underdog of 5.5 points or more.
- This season, nine of the Knicks' games have gone over the point total out of 18 chances.
- Trail Blazers games this season have gone over the total in seven of 18 opportunities (38.9%).
- New York has done a better job covering the spread in road games (5-5-0) than it has in home games (2-5-0).
- This year, Portland is 4-4-0 at home against the spread (.500 winning percentage). On the road, it is 8-2-0 ATS (.800).
Knicks vs. Trail Blazers Prediction & Pick
Being without Lillard is a massive blow to Portland's chances of winning in this contest. The Blazers have already struggled offensively in 2022-23, averaging the sixth-fewest PPG in the NBA (109.2). With Gary Payton II and Keon Johnson out as well, this team's guard depth is being severely tested.
New York can capitalize on this opportunity. This struggling defense catches a big break without Lillard in the lineup, and their offense -- which ranks ninth in pace -- has the personnel to put the pressure on the slower-tempo Blazers. With three scorers averaging at least 18.3 PPG, the Knicks have the weapons to edge Portland in what should be a tight contest.
Final Score Prediction: Knicks: 112 | Blazers: 109
Knicks vs. Trail Blazers Best Bet
Anfernee Simons will once again be the Blazers' primary initiator with Lillard out. Simons has thrived when operating as Portland's No. 1 option, averaging 6.4 assists per game across the five contests Lillard has missed this season. In fact, Simons has posted at least 6 assists in four of those five outings while recording 5 assists in the one other game.
Portland is going to lean on him as the primary playmaker, and he should have plenty of success against a Knicks defense that's surrendering the seventh-most PPG to opponents.
Bet: Anfernee Simons Over 5.5 Assists (+118)
Isaiah De Los Santos is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Isaiah De Los Santos also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username zayyy05328. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.