Knicks vs. Hawks Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Madison Square Garden -- New York City, New York
- Coverage: ESPN, MSG, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with 11 more games, including a battle between the Atlanta Hawks and New York Knicks. The Hawks couldn't get the job done in a 121-114 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. Atlanta logged 18 turnovers and gave up 14 offensive rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Knicks relied on their defense to earn a 92-81 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday. New York held Cleveland it just 34.9% from the floor and 22.9% from three-point range. Guard Jalen Brunson led the way on the offensive end of the court with 23 points (7-of-16 shooting).
Knicks vs. Hawks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NY: (-124) | ATL: (+106)
- Spread: NY: -2 (-108) | ATL: +2 (-112)
- Total: 232.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Knicks enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 232.5 points, which is one of the highest totals among Wednesday's slate.
Knicks vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- The Knicks have covered the spread nine times this season (9-13-1).
- This season, the Hawks have an against-the-spread record of 4-3 in their seven games as an underdog of 1.5 points or more.
- Games involving the Knicks have hit the over 12 times out of 21 chances this season.
- Hawks games this year have hit the over on 12 of 21 set point totals (57.1%).
- New York sports a worse record against the spread when playing at home (3-8-1) than it does in road games (6-5-0).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Atlanta has a lower winning percentage at home (.417, 5-7-0 record) than on the road (.444, 4-5-0).
Knicks vs. Hawks Prediction & Pick
Trae Young is back in Madison Square Garden. Of course, his reputation among Knicks fans is not great following a memorable 2021 playoff series. The veteran guard tallied 17 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds in a 112-99 win over New York back on Nov. 2 and I expect a similar outing tonight.
The Knicks cannot be trusted to win home games. New York is 5-7 at home this season despite averaging 116.6 points across those 12 games (No. T-No. 9 in NBA). That is because it allows a whopping 117.6 points per game on defense (No. 27 in NBA).
The Knicks needed an all-time bad shooting night from the Cavs to win on Monday. That won't happen for the Hawks tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Knicks: 110 | Hawks: 115
Knicks vs. Hawks Best Bet
When these two teams meet on the court, the defenses tend to step it up a notch. The total has hit the under in seven of the last 10 head-to-head matchups between the Knicks and Hawks. The under has also cashed in five of the last six times these teams have faced off at Madison Square Garden.
The Knicks' defense has not been stellar at home, but keep in mind none of their three games during this home stretch has even come close to 232.5 total points. That includes a 109-103 loss to the Bucks, a 121-100 loss to the Mavericks and a 92-81 win over the Cavaliers. Back the under again.
Bet: Under 232.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.