Khamzat Chimaev vs Nate Diaz Odds, Prediction, Fight Info & Betting For UFC 279 on FanDuel Sportsbook
Chimaev vs Diaz Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 279 — Main Event Welterweight Bout
Khamzat "Borz" Chimaev (11-0-0, 6 KO's, 4 Submissions) vs. Nate Diaz (20-13-0, 5 KO's, 11 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: T-Mobile Arena — Paradise, NV
Chimaev vs Diaz Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 279 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Khamzat Chimaev: (-1100)
- Nate Diaz: (+680)
- Draw: (TBD)
Method of Victory:
- Chimaev by KO/TKO: (-135)
- Chimaev by Points: (+700)
- Chimaev by Submission: (+260)
- Diaz by KO/TKO: (+1300)
- Diaz by Points: (+2300)
- Diaz by Submission: (+1500)
Chimaev vs Diaz Prediction
UFC 279 Chimaev-Diaz prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Khamzat Chimaev (88%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (70%)
The UFC 279 main event is a tale between two fighters heading in different directions. Khamzat Chimaev is one of the hottest fighters in the sport, going undefeated in his first 11 bouts. Meanwhile, Nate Diaz has struggled to find success, dropping three of his last four fights.
At the age of 37, Diaz is no longer in the prime of his career while the 28-year-old Chimaev is just reaching his best form. With how decisively the latter has finished off his opponents lately, I'm expecting more of the same from Chimaev at T-Mobile Arena.
An outright win isn't exactly playable, so give me Chimaev by KO/TKO at -135.
Chimaev vs Diaz Betting Trends & Stats
- Khamzat Chimaev defeated Gilbert Burns, by decision, in his last fight on April 9, 2022.
- Nate Diaz lost to Leon Edwards, by decision, in his last fight on June 12, 2021.
- Chimaev averages 7.89 significant strikes landed per minute with a 59% accuracy rate.
- Diaz averages 4.51 significant strikes landed per minute with a 45% accuracy rate.
- Chimaev averages 4.30 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 41% defense rate.
- Diaz averages 3.73 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 52% defense rate.
- Chimaev averages 3.23 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Diaz has a 41% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.