Kentucky vs Florida Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 4 (Wildcats' Strong First-Half Performance Pays Off)
Kentucky vs Florida Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Kentucky (15-7, 6-3 SEC) vs. Florida (13-9, 6-3 SEC)
- Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Venue: Rupp Arena -- Lexington, Kentucky
Saturday, Feb. 4's NCAA college basketball schedule features an SEC showdown as the Kentucky Wildcats play host to the Florida Gators.
Kansas has done a good job at winning recently, improving to 5-1 in its last six games with Tuesday's 75-66 victory against Ole Miss. Florida also has a decent amount of momentum on its side. After all, the Gators enter tonight's contest following a huge 67-54 win against ranked Tennessee.
Can Kansas remain hot at Rupp Arena? Or will Florida prove that its latest win was far from a fluke?
Kentucky vs Florida Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UK: (-230) | FLA: (+188)
- Spread: UK: -5.5 (-106) | FLA: +5.5 (-114)
- Total: 132.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Kentucky enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 132.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Kentucky vs Florida Betting Trends
- Kentucky has 10 wins in 22 games against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats' ATS record as 4.5-point favorites or more is 9-7.
- This season, 13 of Kentucky's 22 games have gone over the point total.
- Florida has 12 wins in 22 games against the spread this year.
- The Gators have won twice ATS (2-2) as a 4.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Out of Florida's 22 games so far this year, seven have hit the over.
|Kentucky Rank||Kentucky AVG||Florida AVG||Florida Rank|
Kentucky vs Florida Prediction & Pick
Although Florida's win against Tennessee was impressive, the former had the advantage of being the home team. The Gators haven't been nearly as successful on the road, losing three of its last five road games while only averaging 57.6 PPG (compared to their 77.6 PPG clip at home).
It's going to be tough for Florida to win at Rupp Arena, where Kentucky is currently 11-2 with a plus-17.4 scoring margin. The Wildcats also score 80.6 PPG at home, which stems from a strong passing game that's produced 16.3 assists per game overall (No. 19). I don't see Kentucky's ball movement being slowed down since Florida allows an average of 12.3 assists on the road.
What also has me on the home team's side is that Kentucky has won seven of its last eight games against Florida, as well as 27 of the last 33 matchups in Lexington.
Final Score Prediction: Kentucky: 72 | Florida: 68
Kentucky vs Florida Best Bet
Kentucky excels at getting off to a hot start at Rupp Arena. Not only do the Wildcats average 38.6 first-half points at home, but they also average a 7.5-point lead at halftime in their own building. On the other hand, Florida owns a minus-1.2 half-time scoring margin on the road and has been held to an average of 25.7 first-half points over the last three games.
Keeping in mind that Florida's offense is much worse on the road than it is at home, I see Kentucky leading by a decent chunk after the first frame.
Bet: First-Half Spread — Kentucky -2.5 (-112)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.