Kansas vs Iowa State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 Big 12 Tournament (Jayhawks Win Low-Scoring Contest)
Kansas vs Iowa State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big 12 Tournament Game
- No. 3 Kansas (26-6, 13-5 Big 12) vs. Iowa State (19-12, 9-9 Big 12)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: T-Mobile Center -- Kansas City, Missouri
- Coverage: ESPN
The Big 12 Tournament continues on Friday with a great matchup between the Iowa State Cyclones and Kansas Jayhawks. Iowa State is seeking its first-ever appearance in a Big 12 title game. The winner of this semifinal matchup will then face the victor of the TCU vs Texas showdown.
Iowa State is coming off back-to-back wins over Baylor, with the latest victory ending in a final score of 78-72 in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Kansas has won eight of its last nine games following a 78-61 victory over West Virginia on Thursday. Which Big 12 team will emerge victorious on Friday night?
Kansas vs Iowa State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: KANSAS: (-194) | IOWAST: (+160)
- Spread: KANSAS: -4.5 (-110) | IOWAST: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 130.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Kansas enters this contest as a moderate favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 130.5 points, which is below average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Kansas vs Iowa State Betting Trends
- Kansas is 15-17-0 against the spread this year.
- The Jayhawks have an ATS record of 6-12 as 4.5-point favorites or greater.
- Kansas has played 32 games this season, and 15 of them have hit the over.
- Iowa State has covered the spread 16 times in 31 games.
- The Cyclones' ATS record as 4.5-point underdogs or more is 5-3.
- Out of Iowa State's 31 games so far this season, 11 have gone over the total.
|Kansas Rank||Kansas AVG||Iowa State AVG||Iowa State Rank|
Kansas vs Iowa State Prediction & Pick
Iowa State took a lead early in the second half and never looked back against Baylor as it logged an impressive 21 offensive rebounds. Those second-chance scoring opportunities gave the Cyclones the ability to control the game. Seeing another output like that on Friday would be surprising, though.
Kansas is allowing an average of just 5.0 offensive rebounds over its last three games and is tallying 36.3 rebounds per game on the season (No. 67 in NCAA). Keeping the Cyclones off the boards may be all it takes ton win considering they rank 163rd in offensive efficiency. That won't get the job done.
Kansas has won seven of its last eight games against Iowa State, so back the Jayhawks in this one.
Final Score Prediction: Kansas: 66 | Iowa State: 60
Kansas vs Iowa State Best Bet
Iowa State averages only 67.8 possessions per game (No. 293 in NCAA) and is going to do whatever it can to slow this game down. After all, that's what happened in both of its regular-season meetings against Kansas. The final scores of those intense contests were 62-60 (Jan. 14) and 68-53 (Feb. 4).
Those scores make the 130.5-point total listed for tonight's game come as a shock. The total has hit the under in each of Kansas' last five games overall and in six of Iowa State's last eight games overall. The under has also cashed in each of the last five showdowns between the Jayhawks and Cyclones, so back the trends and take the under.
Bet: Under 130.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.