Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the Kansas State Wildcats. Here's everything you need to know about KSU's bowl history before making its next appearance.
Kansas State Bowl Game History
College football fans shouldn't be shocked to find out Kansas State has built a decent bowl game history over the years. The Wildcats have played in 24 bowl games all-time.
Kansas State's first bowl game appearance came in the 1982 Independence Bowl under head coach Jim Dickey. The Wildcats fell short in a 14-3 loss to Wisconsin and didn't earn their first bowl in until 11 years later. They took down the Wyoming Cowboys by a score of 52-17 in the 1993 Copper Bowl.
The Wildcats' most recent bowl appearance came in the 2022 Sugar Bowl against Alabama. The Crimson Tide got the best of them in that one, winning 45-20.
Kansas State Game Wins and Appearances
Kansas State owns a 10-14 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below.
- Independence Bowl (Dec. 11, 1982): Wisconsin 14, Kansas State 3
- Copper Bowl (Dec. 29, 1993): Kansas State 52, Wyoming 17
- Aloha Bowl (Dec. 25, 1994): Boston College 12, Kansas State 7
- Holiday Bowl (Dec. 29 1995): Kansas State 54, Colorado State 21
- Cotton Bowl (Jan. 1, 1997): BYU 19, Kansas State 15
- Fiesta Bowl (Dec. 31, 1997): Kansas State 35, Syracuse 18
- Alamo Bowl (Dec. 29, 1998): Purdue 37, Kansas State 34
- Holiday Bowl (Dec. 29, 1999): Kansas State 24, Washington 20
- Cotton Bowl (Jan. 1, 2001): Kansas State 35, Tennessee 21
- Insight.com Bowl (Dec. 29, 2001): Syracuse 26, Kansas State 3
- Holiday Bowl (Dec. 27, 2002): Kansas State 34, Arizona State 27
- Fiesta Bowl (Jan. 2, 2004): Ohio State 35, Kansas State 28
- Texas Bowl (Dec. 28, 2006): Rutgers 37, Kansas State 10
- Pinstripe Bowl (Dec. 30, 2010): Syracuse 36, Kansas State 34
- Cotton Bowl (Jan. 6, 2012): Arkansas 29, Kansas State 16
- Fiesta Bowl (Jan. 3, 2013): Oregon 35, Kansas State 17
- Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (Dec. 28, 2013): Kansas State 31, Michigan 14
- Alamo Bowl (Jan. 2, 2015): UCLA 40, Kansas State 35
- Liberty Bowl (Jan. 2, 2016): Arkansas 45, Kansas State 23
- Texas Bowl (Dec. 28, 2016): Kansas State 33, Texas A&M 28
- Cactus Bowl (Dec. 26, 2017): Kansas State 35, UCLA 17
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 31, 2019): Navy 20, Kansas State 17
- Texas Bowl (Jan. 4, 2022): Kansas State 42, LSU 20
- Sugar Bowl (Dec. 31, 2022): Alabama 45, Kansas State 20
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.